Android Developer (m/w)
Mondia Media Group GmbH
Beginn: August 2013
As an Android Developer (m/f) at Mondia Media you will work as a member of a Scrum feature team on the continuous improvement and optimization of our music streaming and gaming products that are based on our Mondia Media Universe.
Your responsibilities are
- Design, development, testing and enhancement of our products
- Participation in the implementation of international customer projects based on our projects
- Close and direct coopertation with our customers in all phases of the project
- Active involvement in the continuous improvement of our processes, methods and tools
- Close co-operation with our qualitiy engineers
- Business leadership and supervision of external staff
- Proactive knowledge transfer
- University degree in (business) computer science or an equivalent qualification
- Current experience in software development with Java
- Actual experience in mobile development for Android (Java)
- Latest experience in developing native components with the Android NDK (C/C++, ffmpeg) is an advantage
- Familiar with platform driven design patterns / best practices and client server architecture
- Experience using multiple web architectures & services (REST, SOAP, Web-Sockets)
- Knowledge about audio/video streaming and caching mechanisms
- Understanding of current Java technologies (Java 6/7, Spring, CXF, JPA, Hibernate) and Apache Infrastructure technologies is a plus
- Openness towards new technologies and a good understanding of agile principles and processes
- Good English communication skills
- Good analytical skills
About our company
Mondia Media GmbH is the leading independent provider of carrier grade digital entertainment services, which encompass the entire value chain from content ingestion to monetization across any digital device. For partners like Vodafone, Telefonica, Telecom Italia, Sony Mobile, Deutsche Telekom, Swisscom and many more on our Mondia Media Entertainment Universe, our platform is constantly evolving to bring the best consumer experience to their customers.
As the digital world matures from the PC/Smartphone into any connected device, Mondia Media’s Research & Development Labs have extended the platform capabilities into streaming – thereby providing consumers with Cloud based services that are no longer dependent on the device limitations or storage. In a partnership with Europe’s leading Broadcaster ProSieben Sat1, Mondia Media launched AMPYA.com music streaming player that combines the visual satisfaction of high quality music videos with Dolby sound audio tracks.
Over 200 people strong and spread across 7 offices in Germany, Italy, Spain, South Africa, Dubai, Brazil and India, Mondia Media offers a fantastic work culture that highly rewards innovation and competency. Expect flat hierarchies and a very involved management team that is well regarded in the international digital entertainment ecosystem.
What to expect
- A challenging and varied position with high responsibility
- Exciting topics in the field of digital entertainment (games, apps, music, video, etc.)
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- International teamwork
- Performance-based compensation
Are you interested? Please send us your application including salary expectations and earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Dana Körner, Human Resources
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mondiamedia.com.