Agile Lead (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2015
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
We are looking for an Agile Lead (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 9000 hours of premium content, Babbel is growing fast while shaping the future of learning. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. We’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages.
Our agile delivery teams work mostly in full-stack feature teams involving disciplines from product management, UI, UX research, didactics, analytics and engineering. Our multi-team environment is scaling fast with our growth while we are adopting agile values, management and engineering practices.
You are a passionate, experienced and pragmatic agile coach who has led successful agile evolutions in a multi-team environment spanning the whole value chain from product discovery to delivery.
You are a person who understands the core of agile and lean and how to drive the adoptions of values and practices in order to create a high-performance product delivery organisation.
You will drive the further evolution of our environment where everyone's common goal is to deliver an outstanding and exciting product to our customers as fast as possible and continuous improvement of our delivery is paramount.
In your role, you will report directly to the EVP Product & Engineering.
- Define, align and implement the agile strategy in collaboration with teams & management
- Lead and coach our ScrumMasters as agile chapter lead
- Ensure visibility on status of agile projects and help teams to fulfill their sprint commitments
- Work across teams and challenge to implement agile & lean practices
- Further improve team spanning artifacts & ceremonies (e.g. Global DoDs, All Team Retro & Continuous Improvement)
- improve product delivery practices (e.g. elaborate backlogs, maintain roadmaps, release plans, reduce time2market etc.)
- Conduct team and department trainings
- Act as coach and consultant for individuals requiring your advise (incl. heads)
- Teach and coach by example (e.g. act as a Scrum Master, demonstrate agile practices)
- Promote Babbel as an industry leading agile product company
- Proven track record as agile lead in product delivery organisations with multiple teams working on one product
- 2+ years experience in leading ScrumMasters as a line manager
- 5+ years experience as a ScrumMaster
- Proven experience in implementing team setups with full-stack feature teams
- Experience in delivering online products in roles such as e.g. Project Manager or Product Manager
- Experience in B2C cross platform (web, mobile) environments and user research/testing
- Ability to design & apply agile measurements according to organisational maturity
- Experience in scaled agile frameworks (e.g. SaFE, LeSS)
- Experienced & passionate in streamlining the product development process
- Hands-on practice in coaching, teaching and guiding individuals or teams in agile practices
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering agile trainings
- Driven to motivate teams to collaborate, adopt new practices and share knowledge
- Great communication skills ability to adapt communication style according to counterpart
- BONUS: Experience in JIRA tooling for agile
- Leading a high-growth product company in its agile evolution journey
- Deliver an exciting product that changes the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags, peer-learning sessions
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 25 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons, onsite language courses etc.)