Analyst Venture Capital (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
CommerzVentures is a venture capital fund with a focus on early and growth stage investments in the financial services & insurance industries. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Commerzbank AG. Established in late 2014, CommerzVentures invests globally with a particular focus on Europe. The portfolio includes eToro, iwoca, Marqeta, GetSafe, and Mambu.
The Analyst will be actively involved in supporting the firm’s partners and senior investment managers throughout the investment lifecycle, from sourcing, evaluation, portfolio management, to exit. This position is a great opportunity to experience a very fast learning curve in a highly dynamic and innovative environment. The candidate should expect this to be a 2-3 year commitment, after which we would expect the candidate to continue her/his professional development outside of CommerzVentures.
The Analyst’s key responsibilities will include:
- Market analysis: perform market research and competitive analysis to identify potential investment candidates. Assess market potential, business models, competitive dynamics, customer traction, and management teams to help narrow prospect funnels in key investing areas.
- Investment analysis: develop detailed financial and operating models for target companies. Create scenario and returns analysis to support investment decision-making.
- Deal diligence and documentation: draft investment cases and business plans to support the investment process. Support deal due diligence, including coordination with legal and financial counsels, interviewing users or potential customers, and testing products and services.
- Deal funnel management: maintain the funds deal database and track opportunities.
The candidate will have 2 to 4 years of experience (pre-MBA) in a highly professional work environment: be it a top-tier consulting firm or an investment bank.
Specific skills and characteristics:
- Analytical capacity: high intellectual acumen and an ability to articulate in a clear and structured manner. A strong analytical and financial background.
- Ability to dissect financial information and excellent financial modelling skills.
- Skilled in assessing markets and companies.
- Personality: Passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation in financial services and technology. Performance driven, outgoing, curious, good listener, team player, well organized, high-bandwidth, self initiative. High integrity.
- Strong awareness of technology trends, especially in the financial services and/or insurance space.
- International experience and working proficiency in German are a must (that said, we conduct most of our business in English)
- Excellent English writing skills.
- A technology background would be a plus.
What we offer
- Being an integral part of a very small and highly enthusiastic team.
- Experience an exciting environment with exposure to great companies and entrepreneurs.
- An opportunity to learn how a venture capital firm operates.
- An environment where everybody is accountable and everyone strives to do the right thing and make fast, efficient and well-informed decisions.
- An opportunity to interact with executives at the most senior levels.
- Some international travel would be expected.
Please apply here: https://commerzventures.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk062qm