Android Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2013
Motivated. Inspired. Innovative. Curious. History’s greatest explorers and GetYourGuiders have a lot in common – a taste for adventure included.
We’ve set out to change the way that people discover the world by making it easier to find amazing things to do. GetYourGuide.com offers the world’s biggest selection of activities – skip-the-line entry to the Eiffel Tower to cooking classes in Marrakech. At our offices in Zurich, Berlin, and Las Vegas, our international team is already hard at work. Now, all that’s missing is you! With ownership from the get-go and plenty of room to grow, you’ll get to make big contributions alongside smart, inspired people.
We try to reinvent traveling and activities one app at a time and we want you to help us. You would join a young and growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience. You’ll be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our Android Application.
You will quickly gain ownership and responsibility as you work on our most important channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month. In addition, you will lend your capable hands towards building GetYourGuide’s mobile strategy.
We are looking for you who
- Writes solid, maintainable Java code
- Is passionate about beautiful, responsive, and stable Apps
- Has a strong ability to work independently, while also being able to contribute to a team
- Is capable of working in a diverse team of designers, product managers, backend engineers and system administrators
- Is open to learn new technologies and methodologies and
- Shares our vision to bring people together around activities
- BSc./MSc. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in OOP, design patterns, TDD
- Profound knowledge about Java and the Android Framework
- One or more Android apps published in Google Play
- Experience working in a team of software engineers
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Git, IntelliJ/Android Studio, Maven, Dagger, Otto, Robolectric, Bitbucket, Mixpanel, Jira
- Experience in developing for Android tablets is a plus
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs highly advantageous
- Nice to have: working knowledge of PHP, SQL, Apache
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Why work with us?
- Open, collaborative environment where you can learn from everybody
- Passionate, focused, and international team, always up for fun
- Great offices in some of the world's most exciting cities: Berlin, Las Vegas, and Zurich
Ready to help us chart some new territory?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "GZ Android". We’re looking forward to hearing from you.