Commercial Associate (m/f)
Aurora Energy Research GmbH
Sales Produktmanagement Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Aurora Energy Research provides data and analysis on UK, European, and global energy markets. Our core belief is that rigorous modelling, rooted in robust theory and supported by detailed data, yields powerful insight over the medium- to long-run. Unquestionably independent, our analysis is designed to inform our clients’ critical decisions.
Aurora was founded in 2013 by five University of Oxford economists, who have decades of experience at the highest levels of academia and energy policy. It is now a thriving, rapidly-growing company of more than 50 staff, of whom 10 are based in our European office in Berlin. Demand for our services is immense, in the UK, Germany and abroad, and we expect to grow to over 100 staff in the next few years. Our clients include many of Europe’s major energy market participants.
You are interested in energy, have excellent communication skills, a deep client mindset and would like to take a leadership role in helping decisionmakers in the energy sector answer some of the Energiewende’s toughest questions? Then this is the job for you: We are looking for a commercial mastermind to take our German subscription business to the next level.
Joining our office in Berlin, you will contribute our growth by leading the expansion of our subscription business, taking responsibility for existing client relationships (which include most of Germany’s largest energy market participants), as well as developing and pursuing a pipeline of new leads. You will furthermore contribute to our developing new content and products.
A suitable candidate would become a member of the firm’s German management team after a proving themselves on the job.
- Product commercialisation
- Managing and enhancing existing client relationships
- Generating sales opportunities, and pitching our offering
- Building Aurora’s public profile and reputation, including press & presentations
- Building Aurora’s sales & distribution capability internally
- Product & content development
- Identifying attractive opportunities for new products based on your knowledge of our models and the needs of our clients
- Developing new products; managing the process from concept to commercialization
- Contributing to and improving our flagship publication, the German Power Market Forecast, making you a subject matter expert
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a client mindset, exceptional B2B sales capabilities and a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments.
- a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- autonomy and the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- a fun, informal and international work culture
- a cool office in Kreuzberg with coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office as well as Friday evening pizza and beer with the team
- Strong enthusiasm in energy markets; previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
- 2+ years’ relevant experience in strategy consulting, subscription-based data and analytics, private sector research (including bank research departments), or other relevant industry role
- Strong analytical capabilities, evidenced by a top Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree, PhD or MBA desirable)
- Well-honed ability to communicate complex analysis effectively at senior level and with technical experts
- Formal sales expertise valuable, but not essential
- Self-starter who sees what needs to get done and does it, delegating and drawing in others where necessary
- Very good knowledge of German and English
Please indicate your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations. Applicants should send their CV (including university grades and, if applicable, reference letters) and a cover letter. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive.