Innovation Landing Pad Manager (m/f)
Australian Trade & Investment Commission (Austrade)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
The Australian Trade & Investment Commission (Austrade) has established an innovation landing pad in Berlin to support the Australian Government’s global innovation strategy. This position plays a key role in assisting Australian start-ups and scale-ups validate or promote the design and development of their product or service business model by exploring in-market business development, investment, mentorship and strategic partnership opportunities. The landing pad will provide local access to entrepreneurial talent and a wider-connected network of innovation hubs. Success will be reflected in start-ups developing market penetration for sustainable high growth and high return on a global scale.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic business professional who will provide strategic advice and local support to market-ready Australian start-ups at the Berlin landing pad.
Reporting to the Trade & Investment Commissioner in Frankfurt, the incumbent will project manage each start‑up and provide expertise and strategic advice on
- navigation of local conditions, regulations and business culture
- marketing and customer engagement approaches with corporates
- opportunities to engage and network with venture capital and other potential investors.
The role will facilitate engagement between start-ups and local business ecosystems, including
- direct introductions to business and innovation networks
- development and coordination of events that facilitate genuine networking opportunities
- access to targeted Austrade programs that provide access to sectoral opportunities
- introductions to local government agencies that provide support programs for new businesses and start-ups.
The successful candidate will bring
- substantial experience in business development, business consulting and strategy or marketing management, preferably within a start‑up context or an international focus
- a deep understanding of local opportunities for accessing venture capital and investment
- a wide network of business and regulatory contacts to assist start‑ups navigate the local business environment
- strong business communication, interpersonal and representational skills, including the ability to engage with senior executives across business and/or government
- a high level of professionalism, integrity, personal initiative and adaptability.
Applications will be accepted via Austrade’s online recruitment system, eRecruit.
Submit your online application through the Austrade Employment Page.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 5 August 2018.