Trainee (m/f) - Strategic Investment Management
Axel Springer Digital GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2018
Axel Springer SE is one of the largest European media companies that today employs more than 15,000 people and is, through its subsidiaries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. We are actively shaping digitization and consider it a great opportunity in becoming the leading digital publisher.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH and its subsidiaries steer the majority of Axel Springer’s digital entities, which already today contribute more than 80% to the corporate group’s EBITDA. Our more than 200 investments, e.g. StepStone, Business Insider, idealo, AWIN, aufeminin, finanzen.net, KaufDa, SeLoger and Immowelt, are located in Europe, the US, Israel and South America, being market leaders in their respective fields of business. In addition, we are actively expanding our portfolio of early-stage investments in Europe and the US through both our investments in funds such as Project A-Ventures and LakeStar, as well as through direct investments of the Axel Springer & Porsche Accelerator and the Axel Springer Digital GmbH.
To support both national and international growth as well as the strategic expansion of our portfolio in close cooperation with the board, we are currently looking for talented juniors who are enthusiastic about the digital world and whose aims are just ambitious as ours. We are looking for you!
Tasks / Challenges
- Support our highly professional investment team in strategic M&A-projects (due diligence, business plans, valuation, deal structuring)
- Preparing market and competitor analyses to identify both organic and anorganic growth opportunities
- Assistance in deal flow management, business intelligence, process management and in creating pitch books
- Collaboration with portfolio teams from content, marketing and classified verticals
- Support in pursuing organic growth initiatives as part of our digital strategy
- Joint development of business plans, conducting market- and competitor analyses as well as checking financial figures for both asset and target companies
- Outstanding university degree in Business Administration, Business Informatics, Media Management or any other comparable field from a leading business school
- Enthusiasm for the digital media, digital business models and value chains
- Some initial practical experience in the areas strategy consulting, venture capital, investment banking or in the role of entrepreneur in a start-up
- Good analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and conceptual mindset as well as a drive for numbers
- Willingness to perform, high professionalism and a strong team player
- Fluent in German and English, with a third language, e.g. French, being an advantage
- Very good MS-Office skills
- An individual and varied 18-month trainee programme, including events and seminars, that is focused on digital activities and based within the Investment Management Team
- Flexibility re. rotations in varying corporate divisions and our digital units
- In-depth insights into various digital business models and the media industry
- Chance to work in portfolio companies to strengthen your operational skills
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Join a leading corporate investment management division at one of the leading digital publishers that offers promising and forward-looking business perspectives
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400071) will be answered gladly by: Julia Lange.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.