General Ledger Accountant (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Dezember 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
With Babbel everyone can learn a new language.
The top grossing online language learning app empowers learners to start speaking straight away. 73% of Babbel’s users feel they’d be able to hold a short conversation after just five hours of using the app. Recognised by Fast Company Magazine as the most innovative education company of 2016, Babbel's courses make it easy to learn 14 different languages from 7 display languages. Unique to Babbel, our team of language experts build individual courses for each language pair. Available for web, iOS and Android, bite-sized lessons cover useful real-world topics, from introducing oneself and ordering food, to local colloquialisms and idioms.
Founded in 2007, the company recently surpassed 1,000,000 active subscribers and has a team of over 500 people from 45 nationalities working in Berlin and New York.
We are looking for a full-time General Ledger Accountant for our Finance Team in Berlin.
As a General Ledger Accountant you will be a part of our Accounting team and take on responsibility for managing our Accounting and closing process to ensure high quality operations of the accounting function. In this role you will be working together with Accounts payable team to support monthly closing and reporting and be a Deputy for the Team Lead of Accounts Payables during her absence.
- A strong communicator with an analytical mindset
- A team player who can also work independently and enjoys taking on challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment
- Self-driven and curios towards learning new skills and gaining knowledge
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or General Ledger Accountant Certification (IHK)
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- A strong understanding of HGB accounting (Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Cash and CAPEX), IFRS basic knowledge preferred
- A business fluency in German and English (verbally and in writing)
- An extensive knowledge and practical skills of Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to have
- Big Four experience or equivalent
- Project Management skills
- Hands-on experience with Sage X3
- Support preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including statutory reporting
- Post and review A/P invoices and ensure approval through internal system
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, as well as post weekly payment runs
- Capitalize fixed assets, post monthly depreciation and reconcile subledger and general ledger
- Post month-end journal entries (accruals, payroll, prepayments, foreign currency balance revaluations, etc)
- Assist in the monthly consolidation (incl. elimination entries) of the US subsidiary
- Assist in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues related to G/L accounting operations
- Implement process changes and best practices for general ledger reporting
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 45 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy)