iOS Developer (m/f)
IT Sonstige Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 500 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for an iOS Developer (m/f) to join our Team in Berlin!
In your role as an iOS Developer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning while working in a challenging environment. Working together with ambitious colleagues, you will be collaborating and diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. You will contribute to a great architecture and build the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application.
- Experience with iOS development (2-3 years)
- Excellent understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features concerning technology and user experience
- Excellent engineering practices including design patterns, testing, and continuous integration
- Confidence in driving architectural decisions
- Proficiency in long-term maintenance of complex code bases and handling of legacy code
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Deliver high-quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex features sets and frameworks
- Collaborate cross-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
- Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack and infrastructure
- Shape, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
- Manage technical debt
- Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog! Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) 151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Diana Gaiu via e-mail for more information.