Team Lead Learning & Development (m/f)
Beginn: Januar 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 500 team members from over 42 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Team Lead Learning & Development for our Team in Berlin!
As a Team Lead Learning & Development , your mission will be to bring our organization on to a new level of learning & performing and continue our culture of being feedback enthusiasts. In this role you will be directly reporting to the Head of HR.
You will be
- Leading a team of highly motivated L&D Managers and Trainers—from organizing the welcome day to offering trainings and workshops through our Babbel Academy.
- Consulting our stakeholders around all topics of leadership and other HR matters.
- Acting as the deputy for Head of HR such as legal aspects and ideally being able to act as a coach.
- Ensuring our feedback cycle system takes place smoothly and continuously improve our performance measures and introduce new features.
- Further develop our in-house career programs and guiding main stakeholders and teams through the process.
- Planning and executing employee surveys, giving guiding principles on actions and fostering a good feedback-oriented environment.
- Further develop a manager onboarding program in lieu with career planning and Babbel academy.
- Forming an inspiring leaders’ team together with TL Recruiting and TL Admin.
- Creating new initiatives and projects based on ideas and on demand.
- An HR leader.
- Passionate about people and learning organizations.
- A trustworthy advisor with excellent active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Inspiring and motivating.
- Able to express yourself clearly in English and German.
- Master degree in Psychology, Human Resource Management or similar field.
- A good track record of leading and motivating teams.
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role, preferably in a high-growth startup environment.
- Good knowledge of German labor law.
- Strong affinity for numbers and an eye for detail.
- Very good Business German and English skills, both written and spoken.
- Experience in moderation & presentation
Nice to have
- Coach Certificate
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours. Part-time also possible.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy).