Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Treasurer (20h to 32h a week) to join our Finance Team!
As a Treasurer you will be joining our Accounting team and take on responsibility for managing our cash management, different currencies, cash flow and financial planning, and budget while limiting risks to the organization. This role will collaborate with the Accounts payable and Accounts receivables team to support daily/monthly/quarterly and year-end closing and reporting. This position requires a strong understanding of Finance and Treasury and the ability to research and conclude on macroeconomic issues and markets.
As a Treasurer you will report directly to the Head of Accounting (HoA) and will work with the rest of the company domestically and internationally (e. g. for our US entity) to ensure efficient and timely operations of the treasury function.
- An experienced treasurer who has been working in a similar position for around 2-3 years
- A trustworthy self-starter and a good communicator
- Academic graduate preferably with major in Finance/Economics or Mathematics with a specialization in Economics, ideally with initial training in a bank
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in corporate treasury, corporate finance or related areas within a banking environment
- Solid knowledge of treasury operations, financial risk management and financial instruments
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Initiative to implement changes and curiosity to enhance knowledge and skills
- Team player, have the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment
- Business fluent in German and English (verbally and in writing) including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- IT knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, treasury and real-time market information systems
Nice to have
- Bookkeeping basic knowledge
- Sage X3 and Bellin TM5 experience
You will be
- A part of our finance & legal team will report directly to the HoA
- Preparation of timely and accurate daily, monthly, quarterly and annual cash status of our bank accounts and payment providers
- Planning and forecasting of the incoming and outgoing cash flow positions (currencies) and calculation of access cash including the development of investing strategies
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Responsibility for global cash planning including our intercompany cash flows forecast
- Set up and implementation of a cash and treasury tool (Bellin TM5) according to our payment and cash processes
- Maintain banking relationships
- Analyzing of FX risk positions and developing appropriate hedging strategies
- Ensure compliance with statutory provisions (GwG, InvG, KWG) and internal policies
- Implement process changes and best practices for the cash status reporting and treasury overview
- Perform special purpose or ad hoc analyses as required
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems - at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!