Backend Developer Java (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2013
STYLIGHT is the most adorable fashion community on planet earth. We bring together, what belongs together: A powerful fashion search engine and the most beautiful social fashion discovery. We are looking for an exceptional Web Developer Java, who is eager to support our iOS and Android team.
STYLIGHT is aiming to be the most visually engaging social application for fashion. Used by millions every month, you will help to scale our business logic and to implement awesome new features, working closely with the frontend team and product designers. You will also provide the iOS and Android team with new functions for our RESTful API to build exciting new experiences on mobile devices. To improve existing features you will help to push our build, testing and continuous integration process.
- Excellent OO programming skills in Java.
- Experience with one of the common Java Web Frameworks (Spring, Struts etc.).
- Familiarity with J2EE technologies (EJBs, Hibernate, JPA etc.).
- Understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, cookies).
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Ability to work in a small team / startup setting.
- Fluency in English.
- Exceptional candidates will have: B.S. or better in Computer Science, experience in profiling and tuning performance of web applications and/ or experience with web containers like JBoss or Tomcat.
Why join the fun @ STYLIGHT?
Because we have a whole lot awesomeness to offer:
- Competitive salary!
- All the hardware and gadgets you need to be productive.
- Spare time to work on projects of your own interest.
- An awesome working environment in the heart of Munich and a young & highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy.
- A variety of interesting tasks and freedom to work creatively and independently.
- Great STYLIGHT team events (we’re talking Oktoberfest!)!
- Free German classes for all foreign employees as well as free sports courses in the office.
- All the support you need to get to know the great city of Munich.
- Want to know more about what being a STYLIGHTer is like?
Check this out: stylight.com/Numbers/stylight-cribs
Does that sound like the perfect job for you? Then don't hesitate and apply today :)! We're looking forward to reading your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates)!