Backend Developer (m/f)
ICE International Copyright Enterprise Germany GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service center for the global management of rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable and efficient service, which enables music societies to manage copyright, and helps organizations, music societies and interested parties adapt to the challenge they face in today's ever changing right management business. We provide browser-driven database administration solutions. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Berlin, we are looking again for one more:
Backend Developer (m/f)
Essential functions of the Job
- Develop new features and enhance existing features of the ICE Copyright systems.
- Improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of system and sub-systems.
- Fix bugs and improve maintainability.
- Promote code for User Acceptance Test and support testing efforts.
- Contribute to systems design as well as effort estimation and planning.
- Document detailed designs, modules and source code.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders on design, development and testing.
- Drive for excellence in adhering to processes, meeting technical standards and continuously improving best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Extensive experience building large-scale server applications.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging applications, using e.g. Java, C/C++
- Excellent knowledge of DB2, Oracle, MySQL or other major relational databases.
- Preferably experience developing and operating high availability systems.
- Experience applying software development methodologies.
- Experience documenting systems and designs using UML.
- Preferably skills in using modern ILE RPG with Service program and procedures.
- Preferably experience of the IBMi / iSeries operating system.
- Analytic, structured, service minded and a great team player.
- Driven and willing to learn new things.
- Motivated and adapt well in a changing environment.
- Ability to understand, contribute to, and follow ICE processes success factors and goals.
- Ability to have business awareness when defining and developing technical solutions.
You will also need good interpersonal relationship skills as well as excellent written and oral skills in English.
Availability to travel across Europe up to 10% of time is required.
If you have any questions regarding the positions please contact Erik Simonsen, Head of Product Development, mobile: +46706502668
If you can find yourself in the above described profile, please forward us your application!
We are looking forward to meet you! We will offer you an international team, fair salary level + benefits, free public transportation in Berlin, free water, fruits and coffee.