Backend Developer (m/f)
Beginn: Juni 2017
Runtastic develops a continuously evolving portfolio of apps and online services to track fitness and health data. Together with adidas, we create exceptional experiences for our worldwide community. We work in a fun start-up environment and have team members from all over the world. As change makers, we share a passion for cutting-edge technology and the vision of making the world a healthier place.
With every app download and new feature, we face the challenge of scaling our backend and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our customers. Ruby (JRuby, MRI), Rails, a microservice architecture and our handpicked database technologies help us reach this goal. Your responsibilities as part of an agile team will be:
- Conception and implementation of new social, geo-based or health features
- Design of next generation, efficient and reusable backend services as well as APIs
- Development of highly available, fast and scalable solutions
There will be plenty of opportunities to bring in your own ideas and thereby help the department develop further.
- Expertise with backend development and enthusiasm for Ruby (first practical experience is a plus)
- Understanding of databases, for example, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra - We use those among others!
- Preference for talking to clients in JSON or binary
- Preferably, a degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field (higher technical institute or university)
- Very good German and good English skills OR very good English skills (written and spoken)
- Willingness to learn, to build cool stuff and to work in beautiful Austria