Backend Developer (m/f)
Beginn: Mai 2015
Freeletics aims to be the number one fitness- and lifestyle company in the world. The new basis for human strength. A decision. We empower people to be happy and fulfilled, by making them the strongest version of themselves. Physically and mentally. And therefore create a very intimate relationship with our customers. We build products that give people confidence, physical fitness and willpower. The most motivating and efficient fitness training system in the world. And a platform to motivate and educate, with a community of 4 million athletes. All accessible via our mobile- and web apps.
And this is just the beginning. Further development of our training system, social features, sports- and lifestyle apparel and our global expansion are just some of our topics in 2015.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BACKEND DEVELOPER – RUBY ON RAILS (M/F)
Freeletics has built a lean team of amazing engineers. As a Backend Developer you own a vital element of our system. You drive the implementation of new kickass features and ensure they contribute to a great user experience. You bring a strong opinion to the table and are excited to get involved with product planning?
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Develop, extend and maintain our RESTful API that serves as a backend for all our client apps
- Identify performance bottlenecks and propose solutions to them, including the development of caching strategies and proof-of-concepts for new solutions
- Drive integration of existing and new business partners while ensuring high data quality
- Work closely with our frontend, operations and business intelligence teams
- Senior developer with expert knowledge of backend development using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with PostgreSQL, HTTP and REST ideal
- Take pride in writing clean, modular code
- Experience with server side administration (preferably in the cloud)
- Hands on approach with a “getting things done” mentality
- Team player, happy working in an Agile environment
WHY WORK AT FREELETICS?
- Be part of an energetic, successful and international team
- The chance to play a crucial role in creating a global sports brand
- Attractive compensation
- No walls, no limits, no bureaucracy, just unlimited potential
- Self-fulfillment, fun, and a great atmosphere
- Social activities and team Freeletics training
SOME STATS ABOUT US
- Founded in mid-2013
- ~60 employees
- 4,000,000+ members
- Global reach with 160+ countries
- Seven digit monthly revenue
- 30% month-on-month growth 2014/2015
Ready to kick ass? Apply online!