Backend Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Dezember 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Millions of people explore nature with our apps. We help them to find great places and the best routes for cycling and hiking. We are looking for a passionate backend engineer to join our team and build the future of outdoor guides with us.
You know that hardware will fail eventually and build your software stack accordingly, you find simple solutions to complex problems. As a lean startup, we always look for pragmatic solutions based on latest infrastructure and platforms. Your work will inspire people every day to discover the great outdoors!
Your key responsibilities
- Implement new features closely together with our web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters and product managers
- Join the challenge of operate an auto-scaling fleet of 50+ EC2 instances, SQS, DynamoDb, Lambda, Kinesis and more, all within the AWS universe
- Build new and improve existing micro-services in Java or Kotlin
Why you will love it
- Work on a global product that inspires millions of users
- With great power comes great responsibility, get your AWS access keys with your laptop!
- Take charge of and responsibility for your projects from day one
- Improve your skills and stay up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Work with the whole komoot team on the full system, where good ideas count more than hierarchies. You know the big picture not only a subsystem
- Work together with enthusiastic engineers, hikers and cyclists
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn & improve
- Know your toolkit - git, ssh, maven, bash, junit, jenkins, docker
- Have strong experience (4+ years) in developing distributed and resilient applications at web-scale
- Know which pattern, framework and infrastructure can best solve your problem
- Live and breathe DevOps and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, immutable infrastructure, continuous deployment, monitoring and open communication
Sounds like you?
Send us the following:
- Your CV
- Why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Tell us a little more about you. OpenStreetMap, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr or your website, show us your interests
- Bonus points for: Do something creative with komoot (We love people going the extra mile)