Backend Engineer (m/w)
Context Booster (The Otherland Group)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2013
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
The Otherland Group is driven by the vision of making the world a smarter place.
We invented "Context Booster" (contextbooster.com), an app that adds smart content to your Evernote notes. This app has won prices by Google, fotolia, kooaba, 500px and just won the silver award at the international Evernote Devcup and a 4-week accelerator program from Evernote in San Francisco!
We are a (growing) team of four, located at Betahaus Berlin right in the center of Kreuzberg, a place of vibrant start-up companies and a great neighborhood! If you love straight-forward AI, machine learning and linked data, you might be the one we're looking for.
Are you a software developer with some experience in natural language processing, artificial intelligence and semantic web, fluent in Python and maybe Go, Clojure or Scala, too? Would you like to support us with the continuous development of our context engine, the core technology of Context Booster?
BACKEND ENGINEER (m/f)
- Your job is to solve a lot of quite complex problems the context engine has to deal with
- Be an integral part of the overall software architecture planning
- Optimize backend (existing functionalities) in performance and stability
- Build a strong development team together with us over the next months
- Work independently and focused, supporting the whole team with your expertise
- 3 to 4 years of professional software development experience with Python
- Some experience in the fields of natural language processing, machine learning,
'big data' (more experience would be epic!)
- Proven track-record in developing high-performance software architectures
- Database engineering expertise with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, BigTable etc.
- Some experience with operations (keeping servers running on GAE/AWS) is considered another advantage
- Passionate about quality and test-driven development
- Language skills in English and German (= office language)
We are looking forward to your job application via http://otherland-group.com/career.html or via the button below!
The Otherland Group Team