Working Student (m/f/d) - Finance
Blinks Labs GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2019
Anstellungsverhältnis: studentische Hilfskraft
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
The finance team at Blinkist strives to (1) provide clarity to our stakeholders regarding all financial matters (2) allocate financial resources to facilitate the operational health of the organization and (3) ensure compliance with financial regulation. To continue our efforts, we’re seeking help from a dedicated working student (10 hours per week to start).
What you will do
- Help with our internal invoice & budgeting process (this includes finding and checking invoices, making payments)
- Do preparatory work for our accountant (using the automated system Candis)
- Manage the cash register
- Update our process documentation on the internal wiki
- Help with other finance admin tasks
What we believe will help you excel in this role
- Previous experience as a working student or intern for 3-6 months
- Certificate of enrolment at a University for at least the next two semesters
- Fluent English skills (German is a plus)
- Familiarity with Excel and/or GoogleSheets
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Great attention to detail - you value accuracy and punctuality
- You’re accountable and eager to learn
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln. A young and passionate team of diverse professionals happy to share their knowledge with those interested in learning new things every day.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.