Head of Business Development (m/f) - Germany
bloomon Deutschland GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in six countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, France and Denmark.
We’ve raised over €25mln from Europe’s leading VCs to fuel our growth ambitions. Our success has not gone unnoticed, as bloomon was the runner-up in the 2017 Tech5 Awards, and was mentioned in the WIRED list of Europe’s hottest startups of 2016. Next step? to conquer Europe… and then the world.
What will you do?
We are growing at lightning speed. Joining bloomon as Head of Business Development for Germany places you at the centre of our growth and expansion - leading the scale up of the most important sales channel in our most important market. You will be instrumental in further conquering the German market.
We aim to turn bloomon into a household brand for Germany, and put flowers in every house. To succeed in further driving our growth, you will need to move fast and scale up our direct sales efforts - including our presence at fairs, markets, workshops and pop-up stores. This means hands-on leading a team to roll out to the top 30 cities across Germany, recruit, train and on-board sales teams across the country, managing the operations behind all the events, whilst continuously optimizing through data driven learnings. Are you up for this challenge? Keep on reading!
You will be responsible for
- Driving the performance and growth of our direct sales efforts in Germany
- Scaling up our presence to at least 30 cities across Germany in 1yr, building the necessary infrastructure to do so (e.g., sales team, florists, logistics)
- Build and manage (small) team of direct reports that run full operations for direct sales efforts throughout Germany
- Together manage a team of over 100 sales reps and florists
- Optimize direct sales processes, e.g. optimizing recruitment, on-boarding, training and evaluation of direct sales staff; optimizing scalability of workshops, etc
- Report on weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance targets and actions, such as # of acquisitions, CAC, conversion rates
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the rest of the Growth team and broader bloomon company
- Work closely with other departments within bloomon (e.g., Brand, logistics) to offer the best experience at all our events in Germany
What do we expect from you?
- University degree (Bachelor/Masters)
- 2-4 yr working experience
- Ideally experience with direct sales (e.g., fairs, workshops, door-2-door, pop-ups)
- Experience in startup environment, but ideally also experience in a "normal" working environment - i.e. someone who knows how to work/structure, etc (e.g. consultancy or other corporate experience)
- Super structured approach
- People manager, but likes to get hands dirty himself/herself
- Lead a small team (c. 3 full timers + 1-2 working students)
- Together you are responsible to manage direct sales teams across Germany
- Smart, highly analytical really ambitious and eager - we want to scale up super fast and we really need someone who can drive and enjoy this
- Fluent in German (spoken and written)
- Available to start soon, based out of Berlin
Becoming part of bloomon means becoming a trendsetter. We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness
Additional bloomon benefits
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch
- Working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Friday drinks and social events
- And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.