Intern (m/f) - Business Development DACH
Beginn: März 2018
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. We are looking for an exceptional Business Development Intern to join our rapidly growing Berlin team and help create a truly revolutionary mobile travel company.
You'll have the opportunity to join a real start-up community where there’s no bureaucracy, instead there’s empowerment and the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be an integral part of our international supply team and making sure we always bring our users the best deals at the coolest hotels! You’ll have the unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow with an enthusiastic and international team who is working towards building the next great travel company for the mobile era.
Within 1 months, you will
- Successfully complete a two week training program that will teach you the art of building relationships with hotel partners, industry terminology and KPI’s
- Master HotelTonight’s approach to building relationships with hotel partners
- Learn to communicate and quickly navigate our products, features and systems with ease
Within 3 months, you will
- Receive your assigned market in DACH and draft a plan to nurture and establish relationships with your hotel partners
- Engage, pitch and sign up the very best hotels in each market
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your hotel partners in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop an intimate knowledge of each of your markets with the goal of becoming the ‘go-to’ source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, demand seasonality, booking patterns, etc.)
- Evaluate existing and potential markets, identify desirable hotels to target and onboard to improve the supply health and performance of each market
- Create and implement strategic tactics to ensure your hotel partners are successful in your markets
- Identify and execute out-of-the-box initiatives to engage hotel partners and differentiate HotelTonight from other travel sellers
- Forge and manage great relationships with hotels in your markets, with the aim of training partners to be highly active and competitive to ensure the best possible hotel offers for our users
Within 5 months, you will
- Meet and exceed KPI’s by owning the performance and success of the hotels within your region
- Travel to your managed cities and meet all your top partners in person in order to build strong relationship that will enable you to grow your book of business
- Build and manage supply side relationships with hotels in several cities within a particular region. This includes partnering, strategizing, and running daily operations directly with hotel partners, and ensuring HotelTonight always has the best inventory from hotels available for our users
- Support important strategic analysis and recommendations for the markets within your country
- Be a proactive member of your Country Team, working hand in hand with Market Managers and the Country Manager to ensure optimal performance for all markets
What we're looking for in you
- Upper class degree from a leading university (Bachelor’s or Master’s students from a top business or a hospitality management school)
- No prior experience required, but passion, hunger and enthusiasm for this role and what we're building is a must
- Must be native in German and have business fluency in English. Other languages are a plus
- Must be confident and willing to interact, sell and build strong relationships with senior-level hotel executives
- Ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects and deadlines
- A desire to learn fast and make a real impact from day one
- Is a quick learner and is fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way. Proactivity is key!
- Must be an EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating the right to work in Germany
What you'll get from us
- Be a part of redefining mobile commerce and changing the way people book travel at a thriving global start-up funded by top investors
- Responsibility for your assigned markets with the goal to meet your targets
- Competitive monthly salary
- Quarterly travel credits to stay with our amazing hotels
- Great office location in Prenzlauer Berg
- Have the opportunity to do an office exchange each quarter in our London or Berlin office
- Hit the gong!
Don't hesitate! Please apply with a cover letter in German on our website.