Business Development Manager (m/f)
Beginn: Juni 2017
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
What began in late 2008 in a shared flat, has grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, BIG has more than 330 employees worldwide. Our innovative solutions set the standards - we are one of the leading mobile companies in Europe and we operate one of the biggest websites in each country whose market we have entered.
Today the company is more committed than ever. The limitless energy and hands-on involvement of the people here at kaufDA in Germany, Bonial in France, Ofertia in Spain, Guiato in Brazil and Retale in the U.S. have created a promising future for all our users and clients in 11 markets worldwide. Think BIG.
Develop and scale our new product "Out of Milk" on a global scale.
- You will lead a product line that is already live and successful
- You develop a vision + execute a plan to scale this massively in the US market and in all 11 countries + beyond
- You create smart forms of monetization packaging for this unit and act as an evangelist for retailers/brands supporting our sales teams to educate the market
- You are in charge of setting up the product for success by a) making sure it receives the focus, funding, marketing attention and capacities it needs („business owner“) and b) make sure, that we have a setup with the countries/sales organizations that will work (pricing, incentives, positioning etc.)
- You will be overseeing a global „P&L“ view (profit center)
The team setup
- You will be driving one of our core initiatives with massive value potential, with the goal to be globally responsible for one of our major business units.
- Direct Reporting line to the CPO
- Direct relationship with all key stakeholders and country organizations
- Matrix setup, requires communication, relationship building and team play
- Overall the goal is to be as independent and fast as possible while making sure, that the rest of the organization stays aligned
How this will work day to day
- Travel between Berlin and Chicago. Global travel also necessary potentially
- Two levels of „sparring partners“: CEO + Country MDs as sparring partners for go-to-market strategy; and „Product Board“ (CTO, CPO, CMO + COO) for product strategy
- Hold and articulate a deep understanding of company’s vision & strategy
- Have experience in both B2B and B2C markets
- Own and drive product and portfolio roadmaps that are aligned with the company’s strategy
- Be tuned into our market with the ability to think contextually and with foresight to identify new threats and opportunities
- Foster a cohesive approach and mindset between product and other departments at all levels (professionals to executives)
- Ensure the product team develops quality products which create real market value, are impactful, and are aligned with corporate objectives
- Use metrics and context to both create a meaningful story about the overall performance of the business and its products as well as make decisions about product design
- Raise the bar at both the practice level and that of our own people in both product and UX so that they can make increasingly autonomous decisions, plan effectively and solve problems.
You can expect
- To be the next member of a young and international team with people from 35+ countries.
- To contribute and learn new things, every day.
- To cover the needs of our US-market.
- Room to grow: you'll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and take on real responsibilities
- A friendly, laid-back work atmosphere with lots of after-work activities and events