Senior Backend Developer (m/f) - Python
byrd technologies GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
byrd is a logistics start-up which aims to make shipping a simple and effortless experience. The company helps private and commercial online sellers to ship their products around the world by offering easy access to professional logistics at competitive prices. byrd was founded in 2016, is growing rapidly, and is already a trusted solution for industry leaders such as Austrian Postal Services or the Accor Hotel group.
byrd is based in Vienna and has recently expanded to Berlin as a stepping stone to the German market.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Backend Developer (m/f) - Python to join our team in Berlin.
What you will do
- Bring our product to the next level
- Be involved in all stages of product development from the idea to the implementation
- Develop new Microservices and enhance and improve existing ones
- Extend and improve our private and public APIs
- Develop Interfaces to new shop systems
Based on your technical skills and level of engagement, you will have the chance to become the technical lead for different projects!
What we are looking for
- 4+ years of work experience in backend development
- Version Control with Git
- Expert knowledge of Python using frameworks like Django or Flask
- Expert knowledge in using and developing JSON REST APIs
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with CI and CD
- Work permission for the appropriate country to which you are applying
- Fluent in multiple programming languages (such as PHP, Ruby, Go, Java)
- Big Plus: Developed APIs in a Microservice environment before
- Big Plus: Worked in a Start-up before
What you can expect from byrd
- Become part of a young company that is driven to change the logistics market and offer a superior customer experience.
- Make meaningful contributions which have a direct impact on the company’s actions and are valued by the team
- Work directly with the founders and a team of skilled engineers and managers
- Manage your own time through flexible working hours
- Have a good time with international colleagues in our Vienna or Berlin office
- A cool office directly in the city center, free drinks and regular team events
- Fringe benefits like free gym and team activities
- Single Page Angular App
- Powered by Python Flask
- Hosted on Heroku
- Microservice Architecture
- Python Flask
- PostgreSQL (SQL Alchemy)
- Hosted on Heroku and AWS
Up for it?
Apply now! We look forward to receiving your CV and application letter in German or English. Please send your application via mail.