Calendar Planner (m/f) Flash Sales
Marketing Business Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2014
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States and we’re ready to make Berlin our new European Headquarters! The Wayfair Group was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are ‘go to’ people. Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest new international companies? If so, then keep on reading!
The Wayfair division Joss & Main is a rapidly expanding flash sales site for the home, expanding a fast growing, successful business from the US to new European markets. Joss & Main is seeking a passionate, hyper-analytic, style-savvy, and results-driven individual with strong attention to detail to join our assortment planning team in as a Calendar Analyst, a newly created role.
As a Calendar Planner you…
…will focus on improving our customer experience through careful management of our daily event calendar across categories, seasons, and trends. While past retail experience is a plus, any experience level is welcome to apply. You should be very comfortable learning on the fly and be excited to develop new skills. The person in this role will rely on traditional retail and merchandising concepts and a metrics-driven approach but execute those concepts in a very field-specific and nuanced way.
Three primary areas of concentration:
- Calendar analytics and management (60%)
- Ad-hoc analysis and event support (30%)
- Trend analysis and Implementation (10%)
- Plan and continually review calendar to maximize daily coverage for all key product categories and styles
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for editorial storytelling along the way
- Identify gaps and opportunity areas to close
- Assist the marketing team in the creation of content-based email and direct process flow
- Assist buying team in the production of events
- Act as primary point of contact for all buyers in managing calendar changes
- Work closely with our Buying & Curation team to manage vendor and theme overexposure
- Collaborate with Marketing, Creative and Buying regarding key dates
- Closely review event performance metrics, which will influence calendar change decisions; develop new event, category, and class performance frameworks & metrics to drive insight
- Present monthly, quarterly, and annual updates to buyers and senior management
- Assist PR with product selection for high-profile television or print placements
- Develop new standardized and ad-hoc reporting formats with senior buyers
- Stay abreast of consumer and market trends, develop trend reports and drive trend presentations
- Recommend new product categories to enter and/or products to introduce based on trend observations
Who Joss & Main is looking for
- 0-3 years of experience in merchandising
- Strong communication skills and comfort working cross-functionally in fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated passion for interior design
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook (SQL as a plus)
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic
- Strong organizational skills, process orientation and attention to detail
- Experience in retail merchandising and/or familiarity with retail/merchandising concepts (assortment planning, product merchandising, etc.) would be a plus!
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in ecommerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.