Accountant (m/f) - EU
Casper Sleep GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are currently looking to expand our EU Finance team in our Berlin office and are looking for an experienced and passionate Accountant (m/f) . The right candidate is excited to be part of a successful venture-backed consumer brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities. We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Participate in monthly general ledger closing process for European entities, including preparing and/or approving journal entries, reconciling assigned accounts, and reviewing and analyzing assigned Balance Sheet sections
- Coordinate and prepare monthly departmental accruals (Supply Chain, Marketing, and other departments) with analysis and review with Manager
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Provide guidance to A/P manager on invoice coding, T&E processing, and month-end close processes
- Assist with the preparation and filing of VAT returns, revenue and receivable reconciliation, and the month end fixed asset process
- Support in any statutory or group audit requirements
- Assist in development and implementation of internal processes and controls
- Take over responsibility for adhoc projects as assigned by the VP of Finance or European Financial Controller
- Take over other responsibilities assigned by the Controller as the nature of the company continues to evolve
Our dream candidate
- Has 2-4 years work experience as an Auditor at a Big 4 firm or equivalent accounting experience
- Has a degree in Accounting and/or qualification as a Financial Accountant
- Has sound knowledge of US GAAP & German GAAP (HGB)
- Has deep knowledge of European tax legislation
- Is willing to extend themselves and assist other people
- Has understanding of financial controls
- Is experienced and competent in working with Excel
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Is able to work in a dynamic environment
- Has excellent skills in both German and English, other EU languages a bonus
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Prior start-up experience
- Accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience
- Exposure to large ERP systems
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A cool office in Berlin Mitte
- Catered lunches twice a week to catch up with your teammates
- Free snacks and coffee
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!