Chief Backend & Cloud Architect (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
About the job
As backend architect at SimScale, it will be your responsibility to design and maintain a scalable infrastructure that can support our platform's requirements: a distributed system of web application servers, compute machines in the cloud and long-term archival storage and backup. Join SimScale on the road to becoming the world's largest simulation platform putting high performance computing to the finger tips of engineers and designers around the globe.
- Design a scalable infrastructure for running plenty of computing jobs and storing very large amounts of result data for both online and backup/archiving use
- Help build, maintain and grow that infrastructure
- Very good experience in designing real-world distributed systems, including storage
- Strong background in *nix
- Very good programming experience
- Knowledgeable about related topics such as information security, redundancy and failure tolerance, load distribution
- You are an ambitious and creative team player that is looking for challenges
What we offer
- Unique chance and challenge of scaling the world's most advanced online platform for numerical simulation, at the intersection of Computer Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise and lots of fun
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and provide the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Attractive startup atmosphere: flat hierarchies, independent work environment, fast pace & fun team events
Who are we?
At SimScale, our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier and better.
We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before.
To that end, we are building the world's first generic, completely web-based engineering simulation platform – bringing high performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist worldwide.
At SimScale you have the opportunity to shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists!