Chief Operating Officer (m/f)
ZaaK Technologies GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Do you want to write history with us and become part of a young dynamic company?
ZaaK is focused on the innovation, development and commercialization of a unique recycling technology in the energy sector with positive effects in energy efficiency of buildings and smart cities. The company is seeking an experienced leader to be a key part of an executive team based in Berlin.
Job Description Summary
Directs, administers and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Directors. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: operations, human resources, information systems, traffic, new business coordination, and agency promotion and communication. Lead the company in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
- Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the CEO.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the management’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO.
- Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Insures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Minimum 5 years progressive operational experience, preferable in a manufacturing or chemical industry
- Demonstrated experience in financial and strategic planning
- Strong track record of meeting financial goals and objectives
- Strong leadership skills required with demonstrated experience in influence management, team building and motivation
- Must possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission, along with a commitment to meeting high standards of customer service
- Experience in managing operations and/or Marketing departments a plus
- Fluent in German and English languages with speaking, reading and writing
Want to join us?
Are you currently looking for an exciting challenge in a very open-minded and creative environment? Super, then we are looking forward to receive your application, which should include your earliest possible availability date: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to disrupt the way we do sand mining or dredging and protecting the environment at the same time? Get ready, because ZaaK has the technology to start this incredible journey. We are in the process of establishing pilot plant in Berlin. Once we get this one started, we'll be looking to build multiple industrial production facilities across Germany, Europe, India, China and USA. At ZaaK, you will be working with a full circle of people and industries; entrepreneurs, engineering managers, energy, building and construction, manufacturing, horticulture and logistics as a part of value chain.
You have the opportunity to build up this exciting new venture. You enjoy a very attractive equity package and a reasonable salary.