City Manager (m/f)
Berlin, München, Hamburg, Köln, Frankfurt
Business Development Sales
Beginn: November 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Would you like to work at the fastest growing travel site in the Netherlands? We can offer you extensive room for growth and excellent career opportunities.
Who we are
Young, dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible, smart, ambitious, “work hard, play hard”, are all words that characterize a 'birdie'. Not everyone can be a 'birdie' and not everyone wants to be a 'birdie'. We are just looking for talented superstars to strengthen our team!
How it all started
TravelBird was founded in Amsterdam in April 2010. It all began in an attic and with founders Dennis Klompalberts and Symen Jansma, who offered just one fantastic new travel deal each day. For the past four years TravelBird has been expanding to 18 countries across Europe, and our websites now feature the most competitively priced holidays. Last April the famous Samwer brothers from Germany came on board as TravelBird’s first investors. TravelBird owes its success to a refreshingly simple idea: make it easy to book spectacular holidays and experiences by offering inspiring travel deals each and every day. Today TravelBird operates out of a large office on the Keizersgracht in the heart of Amsterdam, where over 400 enthusiastic and international “Birdies” work to find the best holiday destinations and create great deals for everyone.
TravelBird Citytrips is a relatively new label within TravelBird. We promote interesting deals in all countries TravelBird operates in. This offers a lot of sales opportunities for the deals you create with new partners. Each day starts with a short sales update with the enthusiastic Citytrips team. Throughout the day, you are constantly researching current trends in EITHER Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne or Frankfurt a.M., evaluating the competition and identifying new hot leads in order to enable TravelBird to promote the most unique and diverse daily Citytrips deals. You will work independently on establishing, developing, maintaining and expanding a client portfolio in your city. You open doors that were closed before. To maximize your personal revenue, you will have to negotiate the best rates and commission percentages and proactively contract new leisure providers in Berlin (hotels & tour operators). You will work preferably from your city (so EITHER Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne or Frankfurt a.M.), which enables you to give your personal touch to making deals in appointments with our potential partners. You are aimed to ensure and contribute to the further growth of the label and TravelBird.
Who you are
- Creative, Enthusiastic, Flexible and FUN;
- Smart (Bachelor degree in Business Studies, Economics, Marketing);
- Knows how to close a deal and have 1 - 3 years sales experience;
- Your heart beats faster when thinking of closing deals and traveling;
- Positive, happy and eager to learn something new every day;
- A genius in creating new business opportunities & you speak English and German on a native level;
- An excellent communicator, a persuasive and representative individual who influences those he meets with;
- A natural sales person who constantly follows up leads;
- Living in Berlin/Munich/Hamburg/Cologne/Frankfurt or you are willing to move;
Why we are happy birdies
- We give you the incredible opportunity to work within a vibrant and evolving company;
- You have your own little company within a bigger company - lots of responsbility and freedom, as well as the chance to build up something great together with us;
- You will work with other like-minded and enthusiastic colleagues;
- We offer a competitive salary, exciting responsibilities and a brand new MacBook Pro!;
- Colleagues from all over the world;
- Each day flies by
Up for it?
Spread your wings and apply now! Surprise us with your cover letter and CV and hit the 'Apply!' button. For questions regarding your application you can call Ingrid (recruiter birdie) at +31 (0) 20-3080409. Curious and want to know more about us? See: www.travelbird.nl/careers