City Marketing Manager (m/f)
Beginn: Juli 2014
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
At Eventbrite, we believe that gathering with others is the best way for people to learn, grow, get inspired, feel connected, give back and celebrate. So we’re building a platform that facilitates those gatherings by helping people organise, find, and attend events that feed their interests, while connecting them with others who share their passions.
Eventbrite is looking for a City Marketing Manager based in our German subsidiary office in Berlin. As the City Marketing Manager for Berlin, you’ll be responsible for amplifying the local events marketplace by developing a vibrant community of event organisers and attendees. We’re seeking someone who is self-driven, independent, results-oriented, insanely creative, scrappy, outgoing, highly organised, data-focused and mad about technology. You’ll be encouraged to develop creative tactics to grow the community of Eventbrite users and help us achieve our ambitious growth targets in your city.
Eventbrite is a rapidly-growing events marketplace headquartered in San Francisco that provides online ticketing, registration, and event management services to more than 60,000 organisers each month in 180 countries. We empower anyone to host successful live experiences of any type or size by providing an easy way to manage, promote and sell out the event. Eventbrite is privately held and venture-backed, and localised in 20 countries and 7 languages with over 190 million tickets sold. We’ve processed over $2 billion (US) in gross ticket sales since our founding in 2006, 25% of which was processed in the last 6 months.
Join us to create a world where we’re encouraged to get out there and try new things, indulge in our interests, enrich ourselves and build our communities.
Are you wildly passionate about your city, and grassroots and integrative marketing? Do you know how to create successful, exciting events to create memorable experiences and social media campaigns to build communities? Do you want to have an impact by helping people use technology to bring people together? Then this might perfect for you!
- Drive awareness and adoption of Eventbrite by hosting your own marketing events, networking within your city’s event organiser community, building a vibrant community of attendees, and developing sponsorship opportunities
- Leverage your network and market insights to connect new and exciting leads to Eventbrite’s local business development team and Eventbrite’s USA-based sales force
- Evaluate and explore new opportunities, develop go-to-market strategies, drive measurable results, compile reportings, optimise, and scale!
- Drive Eventbrite’s online presence in your city, managing our local social media accounts and contributing posts relevant to event organisers on the German Eventbrite blog
- Partner with the local press resources for Eventbrite, including setting the strategy, areas of focus and aligning with our PR team
- Manage and provide the content for collateral and other marketing materials, including. photos of Eventbrite events and user testimonials
- 4+ years of marketing experience
- Degree from a leading university
- 3+ years currently living and working in your city. Extensive, deep knowledge of the city, the local event scene, and the on- and offline media landscape
- Connections with key press outlets are a plus (including nationwide publications, bloggers, online press outlets, etc.), as well as strong networks within the business (SMB) and tech scene
- Passion for grassroots marketing and social media, experience in using social media to boost brand awareness and acquisition, and a reputation for great marketing and event ideas
- Outstanding communication skills. Fluent (written and spoken) in German and English
- Unbounded energy and drive. First one to arrive, last one standing. Never take no for an answer
- Passion for event planning, strong organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial business sense, ability to thrive in an extremely fast growing environment and a fierce negotiator
- Ability to work independently and provide own place of work
If you've made it this far and feel you are both qualified and excited about this opportunity, please send us your resume and cover letter showcasing your writing skills, enthusiasm and what sets you apart from the rest.