Accelerator Manager (m/f)
Projektmanagement Operations Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a low carbon economy. We run programmes for students, startups and innovators across Europe in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose & Responsibilities of the Role
The Startup Accelerator in the DACH geography is one of Climate-KIC’s most successful programmes with our startups raising over €m100 per year in funding. The Accelerator Manager Berlin is responsible for the delivery of the programme in strong collaboration with her/his colleagues in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Join our small but energetic team and be responsible for designing and delivering Climate-KIC’s Accelerator Programme in Berlin, helping to position the Accelerator as the best in Europe for clean-tech entrepreneurs.
Key responsibilities include:
Programme Implementation, Monitoring & Improvement
- Be the first point of contact for startups interested in Climate-KIC’s Accelerator Programme
- Establish a scouting campaign to attract applications from the best founders in the field
- Manage the startup pipeline and the competitive selection process ensuring the most promising ventures enter the programme
- Together with our network of coaches and mentors monitor startup progression and initiate appropriate supportive actions
- Further develop a curriculum addressing the needs of the participating startups and oversee its implementation
- Ensure continued and measurable high quality outputs of the programme through feedback, review and reporting mechanisms
- Collaborate with the four other locations in the region in developing, prototyping and introducing new programme elements for ideation/pipeline management, coaching/mentoring, community management, acceleration
Programme Execution & Administration
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of two six-month batches annually
- Take care of logistics for local events, e.g. trainings, community and investor events
- Document the implementation of the programme and its KPIs to report back to its funders
- Oversee programme performance assessment and year-end reporting
Business Development, Relationship Management & Fundraising
- Support and grow a vibrant community of alumni, investors, partners and mentors around the programme
- Manage relationships with implementation partners and external stakeholders
- Represent Climate-KIC and its Accelerator programme in the local startup ecosystems
Required Background & Qualifications
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in business administration or another relevant field
- 2-5 years of work experience in startup acceleration / incubation, venture capital or strategy consulting
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Deep understanding of innovation management and entrepreneurship
- Understanding of the drivers and impacts of climate change, challenges in the fields of energy, (e-)mobility, circular economy etc. are an advantage
- Knowledge of the Berlin startup ecosystem
- Fluency in English and German – working language is English
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.We offer a vibrant working environment in an inspiring community of climate innovators across Europe. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Applications should be sent to the mail below by close of business on 17 December 2017. Please state your earliest availability and salary expectations.
Job Title: Startup Accelerator Manager
Contract: Open-ended, 100%
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: applications are reviewed continuously