Programme Manager (m/f/d) - Accelerator Cooperations
Marketing Projektmanagement Operations
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2019
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a low carbon economy. We run programmes for students, startups and innovators across Europe in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose & Responsibilities of the Role
The Startup Accelerator in the DACH geography is one of Climate-KIC’s most successful programmes with startups raising over €m150 per year in funding. As Programme Manager Accelerator Cooperations you will be the primary contact for our corporate partner a DAX30 company.
You will lead on the management of all aspects of the cooperation starting with the sourcing and selection of relevant startups, the matching of startup needs with the resources within our partner’s organization and the development of internal and external communication and events showcasing the joint approach to support climate focused entrepreneurs while ensuring a smooth integration of the startups selected by our corporate partner into the overall curriculum of the Climate-KIC accelerator.
While we have already operated this programme in Germany, Austria and Switzerland we are looking at expanding the programme to additional countries in 2019. In addition, the cooperation should work as blueprint for other corporate engagements, so the programme manager is expected to contribute to the overall business development activities of Climate-KIC.
Part of the role is the diligent execution of all partner related administration such as ensuring adherence to internal and partner policies and guidelines e.g. CI / CD, tracking and invoicing expenses and times spent on this project, etc. and making sure the project is on time and budget.
Key responsibilities include
- Be the primary contact for partner(s) in daily operations
- Regularly report on progress
- (Co-)create, present and deliver engagement opportunities for partner(s)
- Manage internal and external communications
- Ensure project is on time and budget
- Manage all third party suppliers
- Co-ordinate smooth integration into general accelerator programme
- Manage sourcing of startups, potentially on a European level
- Conceptualise and implement geographic expansion to Baltic countries
- Share lessons learned within Climate-KIC organization
- Upsell other Climate-KIC projects, e.g. from Education programme
Operational Accelerator Management (if resources available)
- Support the Berlin accelerator manager in daily operations
- Contribute to success of the overall Climate-KIC accelerator by organising selected cross-location events
Required Background & Qualifications
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in business administration or another relevant field
- More than 3 years of work experience in business development, startup acceleration, or strategy consulting
- Deep understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation management, ideally with hands-on experience working in a startup or as an angel/venture investor
- Understanding of the drivers and impacts of climate change, challenges in the fields of energy, (e-)mobility, circular economy etc. are a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of and network in the startup ecosystem is a plus
- Some experience in event management is an advantage
- Fluency in English and German
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
We offer a vibrant working environment in an inspiring community of climate innovators across Europe. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Applications should reach us via e-mail latest by close of business on 20 December 2018. Please state your earliest availability and salary expectations.