Communications Manager (m/f) Didactics & Academic Partnerships
Beginn: November 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
With Babbel you can speak a new language like you always wanted to.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 39 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for a Communications Manager Didactics & Academic Partnerships
Every detail of the Babbel app is carefully designed following proven didactic methodology. As Communications Manager with a focus on didactics & academic partnerships you are responsible to elaborate on this and highlight why this is important, catering external communications. You will develop materials on how languages are learnt in general and how Babbel teaches them in particular - both via great copy and interviews with press. Furthermore it is your responsibility to screen the (academic) market for suitable partners to conduct efficiency studies on Babbel as well as plan and manage them from start to finish. This will help massively to prove that Babbel is indeed the best language learning app out there. As an active part of Babbels communications and PR team in Berlin you will directly report to the Director of Communications.
Responsibilities for the role
- Actively shape Babbels image as the most efficient language learning app
- Create great and substantial copy around the topic of language learning
- Explain language learning and furthermore Babbel to media / press
- Liaise, plan and execute studies with academic third parties / universities
- Support communications team with knowledge / content
- Strong didactic background and broad knowledge of the field
- Master degree in foreign languages or linguistics or similar
- Proven track record in communications
- Experience as project manager
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very high affinity with topics relating to tech, languages, online learning or similar
- Hands-on mentality; able to work independently with a high motivation and eagerness to learn
- English or German native (other languages are a plus)
- Excellent working conditions in the heart of Berlin
- Opportunity for personal growth and development: we are a learning company and take learning seriously
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 39 different nationalities
- Responsibility from day one
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Great company benefits
Join one of the fastest growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience!