Company Talent Scout (m/f)
Customer Care Marketing Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2016
The German Accelerator, which helps best-in-class German tech startups and high-growth companies to enter the US market with a 3-months acceleration program in New York and Silicon Valley is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic, creative, business savvy Company Talent Scout in Berlin. The primary role is to help us find promising companies across Germany that are ready to make the move across the big pond and expand in the United States.
This is a part time (with potential to become a full-time) position reporting to the US management team of German Accelerator Inc. and the German management team of German Entrepreneurship GmbH in Munich. The ideal candidate will be versed in multiple technologies and have a keen eye for spotting German startups and growth companies that are strong candidates for global expansion.
We’re looking for someone based in Berlin, who is able to travel throughout Germany and visit any location where startups, trade shows, incubators, conferences and meetups are located. The ideal candidate is a natural networker, outgoing and comfortable representing the German Accelerator to entrepreneurs, investors and the general public.
Ideal Areas of Knowledge & Expertise
Platform Tech & Services
Internet of Things
Ecommerce & Marketing
Software / SaaS
Venture Capital and Angel
- Identify German startups with the ambition and potential to enter the US market
- Visit startup incubators, VC firms, angels, conferences, trade shows, meetups
- Foster relationships with investors and ecosystem partners
- Generate leads for sponsorings
- Create weekly and monthly synopsis of meetings and connections
- Foster relationships with potential start-up candidates
- Support GA marketing activities across Germany
- Support and execute GA alumni activities
- Bring in the US and German team as required to support company sourcing
- Large network of founders, startups and investors
- Past experience within the startup ecosystem
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Exceptional organization skills with high attention to detail
- Strong English and German language skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- In-depth experience in US mindset and lifestyle beneficial
About the German Accelerator
The German Accelerator is a growth acceleration program that helps German startups and high-growth technology companies to enter the U.S. market. It provides startups with hands-on mentoring, expert workshops, events and office space at its locations in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and New York City. The German Accelerator identifies and selects the most promising German startups and assists them in their pursuit of becoming category leaders within the ICT global marketplace. The accelerator’s vision is to establish a permanent bridge between Germany and the U.S. that facilitates transatlantic startups, provides inspiration and drives demand, innovation, research and development in Germany. The German Accelerator is backed by the BMWi (Federal Government), corporate backers and a group of German entrepreneurs.
About German Entrepreneurship GmbH
German Entrepreneurship GmbH is an advisory firm, specialized in coaching services, ecosystem cooperations and the building of innovation structures between economy, science and startups. The foundation of our success is our unique ecosystem consisting of German universities, incubators, research facilities, 500+ startups, notable companies and strategic partners.
German Entrepreneurship GmbH is one of the premier supporters of startups in Germany, leading the deal flow and German sponsoring programs for the German Accelerator, managing the startup incubator of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University's Entrepreneurship Center in Munich and is part of the founding network of the Social Entrepreneurship Akademie.
Please send your application documents preferred via e-mail to Katja Götschel at email@example.com (Tel: 0049-175-41300-93)
German Accelerator c/o German Entrepreneurship GmbH; Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1; 80539 München