Lead Product Manager (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Lead Product Manager (m/f) – based in Essen.
For our venture capital funded start-up, CONJOULE, we are looking for a highly-committed Lead Product Manager for our rapidly growing team.
If you have a passion to join a team building the energy market place of the future, we want to hear from you. On offer are salary, benefits and share options.
This opportunity to shape the energy model of the future will a be a standalone venture fully funded with a development runway for the next 24 months. The energy industry is on the verge of revolution driven by a growing range of hardware solutions – batteries, PV, smart home and e-mobility – together with the potential of a fully digital customer journey. In the first phase, Conjoule is developing a local marketplace connecting energy buyers and sellers.
The team comprises energy specialists and marketing and business development experts to drive customer focused product development. Conjoule’s initial customers are based around the cities of Essen and Mülheim. A German wide rollout is planned together with parallel roll outs in UK and NL. The core team will be located in Essen/Düsseldorf, with a working space in Berlin.
Following roll out of the first product, Conjoule’s market place will eventually encompass all energy users at all scales to buy and sell all energy products in the absence of an intermediary.
Focus on customer needs and continuous product improvement. Take the view of the customer and drive insights and action plans from data. Scientifically optimize for superior results, distil customer needs into a prioritized list of initiatives and ultimately deliver a track record of strong execution across multiple levers.
- Responsible for product development process from customer needs identification, product definition, development and operational hand over. Working closing with the technical team to ensure the customer need-product-solution fit.
- Translating the product definition into technical specifications that can then be implemented by the technical development team. That is understand, analyse and break down business topics into implementable features.
- Manage the product development roadmap and strategy. Creating and maintaining the product backlog.
- Working closely with our clients in both B and C segment to ensure development and build of the best quality products.
- Experience in building all phases of end-to-end product development.
- Experience in key stakeholder and cross-functional communications.
- Defining and negotiating all the commercial interfaces and contracts with energy suppliers, DSOs etc for product delivery.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance for all products and working with regulators to ensure that we provide input into key regulatory matters and decisions related to peer-to-peer energy markets.
- Converting changes in the regulatory landscape into commercial opportunities.
- You have a university qualification in engineering, energy, mathematics or business administration
- You have experience of working with marketing/acquisition, technical development and commercial teams to define and iterate customer propositions
- You have 3 to10 years in the energy industry with an understanding of distributed renewable energy and storage, energy markets and retail
- Experience of direct marketing, portfolio management, retail product development, wholesale energy marketing and ancillary services
- Ideally, experience working with Agile teams, good understanding of Scrum, experience with Agile toolset for managing Backlog, Product Roadmap and User Stories.
- You are comfortable working in a flexible, agile and iterative environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Understanding of iterative software development principles and practicesProficient oral and written communications English and German language skills.
- You come to join us with a huge portion of pioneer and entrepreneurial spirit, courage, creativity and passion for our vision
- Sensitive to clients’ needs, can develop warm client relationships.
- Strong network in the digital scene regarding (freelance) product managers, developers and designers
- Collaborates well in a team environment with good motivation skills and the ability to assert oneself
- Highly flexible and adaptable, eager to thrive in a rapidly changing, complex environment
- Enthusiastic working in highly innovative projects and target and customer focused
Please note the following:
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Fraction: Full-Time
Conjoule website: http://conjoule.de/en/home/
innogy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Are you interested?
Then please apply preferably online or email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Job Code. We are looking forward to your application!
More information about innogy and current positions on