Country Manager Germany (m/f)
Beginn: Juli 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Country Manager Germany
Berlin, Germany · Business Development
We are seeking an ambitious, bright, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as Country Manager to lead and grow our German market.
You are a very proactive individual and have an analytical approach to decision-making. Your communication and negotiation skills are exceptional and you are comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional and international environment. Even though you might not have a direct team to manage, proven ability to train, manage and inspire a team are strong plus. It is essential that you are self-driven and can work independently. You will split your time between Berlin and London.
Your mission is to spread the #Azimolove - essentially to grow Azimo’s user base in Germany and increase its brand awareness.
This will be an exciting challenge, much like starting a new company. You will work closely with leaders across the company to learn about our business and we will help guide you and devise a strategy for the market but ultimately, you will need to work independently and resourcefully. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics so you will quickly become an expert in your market.
All activities in your market will be your responsibility: planning and delivering on launch strategies, including local PR activities.
More specifically your tasks will include
- Business development and community management
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market (sponsorships, partnerships, co-marketing promotions).
- Conduct market research to gain local insights to devise local strategy
- Travel to different parts of the country to better understand any differences and customize strategy
- Feed your market’s needs into the product roadmap that will bring rapid growth
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Coordinate activities with our in-house marketing team in order to optimize the various campaigns
- Communicate product/marketing/process needs to HQ, work with relevant teams to deliver on them
- Ownership of specific key performance indicators defined by the business
- Represent Azimo at local events and with local PR
- Reporting to the Head of Business Development in London
Required Skills / Experience / Individual attributes
- Bachelor's degree essential
- 6+ years experience working in a startup, Marketing/Business Development, Sales
- Native in German and fluent in English, other languages are always a plus
- Have a deep understanding of Germany and a passion for the country.
- Action oriented, self-motivated, driven, and able to work autonomously
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking, not afraid to get “hands dirty”
- Exceptional networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen; ability to think outside of the box
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Relevant experience in online marketing is helpful but not necessary
- Experience with e-commerce and internet businesses in Germany is a plus.
Azimo is a young, well regarded and fast growing digital money transfer business. Our mission is to make sending money abroad fast, easy and good value for everyone, supported by a great level of customer service. Azimo has been trading for just over 2 years and in that time the team has grown from 2, to over 40, based in London and Poland. Our team is small, close-knit and multicultural, and we like to work and play hard. Anyone who joins the team needs to be smart, self-starting and flexible.
- Working in one of the hottest FinTech Startups in London
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stock
- Annual company off sites (previous trips to Ibiza, Berlin, and Barcelona)
- To work in a truly special team – we believe in what we do!