Beginn: September 2013
What are we looking for?
The CTO is responsible for managing the IT development team that is responsible for all DeinDeal websites and applications. Ranging from the main website, our mobile site, mobile apps, usability/user experience, A/B testing, big data warehouse, profiling recommendation engines, machine learning algorithms, newsletter systems, scalability to our logistics and CRM solution.
Besides having a deep understanding of our technology and rich service oriented platform the responsibilities include managing the projects and tasks of the IT team, planning the IT architecture roadmap and coaching individual team member.
Additional responsibilities are the communication and interaction with other stakeholders of the company and ensure a pragmatic and solution oriented approach to guarantee the stability and flexibility of our platform
What is required?
- Experience developing customer facing web applications
- Years of experience with a MVC framework
- Years of experience using Ruby
- Working knowledge of relational database systems, preferably PostgreSQL
- Interested in profiling, recommandation and big data solutions
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Ability to work in different parts of the stack, from database layer to the front end
- Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments where engineers play a direct role in conceptualizing product requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers as well as editorial/creative staff
- BS in Computer Science (or related field) or comparable work experience
What are your tasks?
- Managing the IT and the IT product team
- Hiring, evaluating and coaching team members
- Work closely together with the product department to plan and prioritize the IT projects
- Plan and communication with other stakeholders within the company, including marketing, sales, customer care, finance and logistics
- Responsible for the IT landscape, the architecture and development roadmap
- Conceptualize, design and implement application features of DeinDeal, both consumer facing and administrative
- Iterate the site as an advocate of the end user, identifying pitfalls and opportunities in pursuit of a more attractive experience for our consumers
- Ensure the delivery of a rich user experience
What do we offer?
- Great opportunity to work in the most successfull swiss e-commerce start-up
- Gain exciting and valuable insights
- Flexible development environment and top modern technologies
- Demanding responsibilities in your department
- Great opportunity to discover a product with clients, stakeholders and cooperation partners and high diversity in every day work life
- Quick decision making and flat hierarchy
- Modern and stylish office in central Zurich
- A young, ambitious, multicultural and dynamic team