Inflight VR Software GmbH
IT Produktmanagement Co-Founder
Beginn: Mai 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
CTO for Inflight VR Software GmbH
Inflight VR is the most advanced Virtual Reality (VR) startup in the airline industry. We are defining and building the inflight entertainment & infotainment ecosystem of the future. We are looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for this challenging and exciting endeavor for Barcelona, Spain or Munich, Germany.
With more than 2 years experience in the airline industry, a working product on the Oculus Rift and on the Gear VR, a recently closed funding round, and with first commercial contracts in place we are ready to accelerate the growth of our company significantly. For that reason, we need a strong and driven CTO who will be responsible for the product, the in-house development team, and operational aspects.
- In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technological trends in the industry (both Virtual Reality and Inflight Entertainment).
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of the product.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Lead R&D projects in conjunction with other companies.
- Work closely together with clients (airline industry) and lead the technical discussions.
- Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Setting up and organizing software architecture for both client and server.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- University degree and working experience in the field of computer science, avionics engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
- Experience in product design & development and in strategic technology planning.
- Knowledge of data and video streaming.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of Virtual Reality development / game development (game engines, 3d production).
- Proficiency in NGINX (for multimedia server), MySQL, Node.js, Play Framework, and Jetty.
- Ability to set up and organize CMS for both frontend and backend.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong English skills.
- Motivation to work in a thrilling startup environment.
If you possess these skills and if you are motivated to join a fast growing high-tech startup that has the potential to shape the future of the airline industry, please get in touch with us. We offer a highly competitive salary plus an attractive equity position.
Please apply with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.