CTO – in search of purpose (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Februar 2017
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Why we exist
We are dealing with a highly dysfunctional market, which takes advantage of users. A market that bets on you being too lazy to deal with your subscriptions: Internet broadband, mobile phone, electricity, etc. The result: You get overcharged, on average by 900€ a year in Berlin.
We seek to prove that there is a better way, built around a simple question: How would a business have to look like, if a company behaves like a good friend to its customers?
You shape the technological foundation for a next generation smart assistant that protects its users from being taken advantage of. Based on a constantly evolving recommendation algorithm, which monitors all available offers and tracks the individual contracts of each user by tapping into hundreds of data sources. A smart assistant that behaves like a good friend does and pro-actively optimizes all of our users' subscriptions based on an elaborate rule-set.
We have proven that our model works and are seeing strong traction. We are currently growing by more than 400% year-over-year.
We are looking for a talented colleague to lead all of our development activities as CTO. If the following describes you, we‘d love to hear from you:
- Ruby: You spent a good number of years developing a deep understanding of RoR
- Leadership: You have the ability to coordinate all of our development activities
- Passion: You don’t just want to lead, but are passionate about coding yourself
- Big picture: You keep the big picture in mind in everything you do
Our main application is written using Ruby. Some of the technologies we work with:
- Backend: Ruby, Rails, RSpec and Sidekiq
- Frontend: Backbone, HAML, SASS, D3 and ZURB Foundation
- Infrastructure: AWS, docker and dokku. PostgreSQL and Redis
We believe in fair compensation. Hence, besides the salary, you will receive the opportunity to participate in our joint success via stock options.
- Friendship principle: We not only apply this philosophy to our customers, but also to how we work as a team. And we are not talking about a mission statement that hangs on our wall, but concrete actions that we take to make a difference in how we operate.
- Environment: We design our work-environment in a way that feels good to us. Hence, we pay attention to how it feels spending our working hours in our office.
- Learning: We constantly experiment with smarter ways of working such as running targeted experiment loops to validate our assumptions.
- Inspiration: We draw inspiration from partners such as the HPI School of Design with which we collaborated as project partner.
- Health: We have gotten used to eating healthy lunches every day thanks to our steaming tradition.
- Open mindedness: We don’t believe in traditional work schedules, but rather respect what works best for each colleague in our team.
These are just a few tidbits about how we work. While our team has started other successful companies before (Audible.de is one of them), we believe that we still have a lot to learn. Hence, we are seeking a passionate colleague that not only has the talent to push forward our development activities, but also makes a profound impact on how we evolve as an organization.
Here you'll find more info about our team as well as some background info in this recent article on Business Insider.