CTO/ Lead Developer (m/f)
Berlin or Boston
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2016
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
TraveDoc is looking to hire a full-time lead developer and CTO with coding skills who wants to join our mission to connect travelers with qualified physicians all over the world. Take your career to the next level by conceptualizing, implementing, and scaling a software architecture that is still very young and open to new approaches.
TraveDoc, the Doctor in your Pocket™, is an award-winning online doctor scheduling service for people traveling, working, or living abroad. We revolutionize a huge, untapped market with a modern technological solution: TraveDoc’s goal is to provide access to a trusted network of highly skilled physicians, who speak our users’ languages. We’re based in Cambridge, MA, and Berlin, Germany. The company was founded by passionate entrepreneurs who are experts in the travel health industry.
- be responsible for conceptualizing, implementing, and scaling the architecture and infrastructure for all software applications developed by the company; including B2B and B2C consumer-facing platforms.
- architect and articulate infrastructure and architecture changes needed to meet product roadmap, budgets, technical resources, and product schedules.
- design new components of a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- help select, mentor and lead a team of outstanding engineers with recruiting, networking, and community involvement efforts.
- manage contracted software development efforts and third-party software vendors.
- high responsibility in an advanced seed stage company with substantial revenue,
- a place with interdisciplinary, highly skilled and global co-workers,
- a great startup work environment in Berlin, Germany, or Boston, MA,
- meaningful work with an impact in many developing countries,
- close collaboration, feedback, and learning,
- a competitive compensation with optional equity.
- Expert level knowledge and recent hands-on experience JS (jQuery), Python (Django), and MySQL
- Openness to identify and implement adequate new technologies
- Experience working on multiple web-based products, cloud-based infrastructure and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Expert-level proficiency with OOD principles, software architecture, and data modeling
- Direct experience with native or web-based mobile application development
- Understanding of hardware interfaces such as mobile payment devices a plus
- Must have 2+ years of engineering management experience, including technical leadership of teams in a startup or fast-growth environment
- Must have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Must have direct experience working with a web platform product
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related engineering field preferred
- MBA or M.S./M.Sc. degree preferred
Communication and Organizational Skills
- Experience or interest in communicating to Executives, Venture Capital-/Angel Investors, and Board Members for fundraising and strategy purposes
- Demonstrated success in leading and evolving agile software development teams and effectively collaborating with the Product Management department
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans for technology departments, including budgets
- High-energy, decisiveness, ability to cope with different personality types, ability to motivate, multi-tasker, entrepreneurial mindset
- € 5.000 to € 9.000 per month, before taxes, depending on qualification and experience
- Significant pre-IPO equity
- Further potential benefits include possible work visa, healthcare plans