CTO/ Lead Developer (m/f)
Berlin or Boston
Beginn: Januar 2016
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
TraveDoc is looking to hire a full-time lead developer and CTO with coding skills who wants to join our mission to connect travelers with qualified physicians all over the world. Take your career to the next level by conceptualizing, implementing, and scaling a software architecture that is still very young and open to new approaches.
TraveDoc, the Doctor in your Pocket™, is an award-winning online doctor scheduling service for people traveling, working, or living abroad. We revolutionize a huge, untapped market with a modern technological solution: TraveDoc’s goal is to provide access to a trusted network of highly skilled physicians, who speak our users’ languages. We’re based in Cambridge, MA, and Berlin, Germany. The company was founded by passionate entrepreneurs who are experts in the travel health industry.
- be responsible for conceptualizing, implementing, and scaling the architecture and infrastructure for all software applications developed by the company; including B2B and B2C consumer-facing platforms.
- architect and articulate infrastructure and architecture changes needed to meet product roadmap, budgets, technical resources, and product schedules.
- design new components of a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- help select, mentor and lead a team of outstanding engineers with recruiting, networking, and community involvement efforts.
- manage contracted software development efforts and third-party software vendors.
- high responsibility in an advanced seed stage company with substantial revenue,
- a place with interdisciplinary, highly skilled and global co-workers,
- a great startup work environment in Berlin, Germany, or Boston, MA,
- meaningful work with an impact in many developing countries,
- close collaboration, feedback, and learning,
- a competitive compensation with optional equity.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience developing scalable web applications (front-end and back-end.) and web services
- Expert knowledge of web architecture (front-end and back-end.)
- Experienced in architecting and implementing solutions using infrastructure from Amazon, Google, Microsoft or something similar
- Comfortable working with both relational and NoSQL data stores
- Experienced working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experienced Python/Django programmer and architect
- Strong foundation in computer science, (i.e functional programming, object-oriented software design patterns, data structures, algorithms, concurrency control, etc)
- Must have 2+ years of engineering management experience, including technical leadership of teams in a startup or fast-growth environment
- Must have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- MS/ BS degree in computer science, software engineering, or related engineering field preferred
Communication and Organizational Skills
- Experience or interest in communicating to Executives, Venture Capital-/Angel Investors, and Board Members for fundraising and strategy purposes
- Demonstrated success in leading and evolving agile software development teams and effectively collaborating with the Product Management department
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans for technology departments, including budgets
- High-energy, decisiveness, ability to cope with different personality types, ability to motivate, multi-tasker, entrepreneurial mindset
- € 5.000 to € 9.000 per month, before taxes, depending on qualification and experience
- Significant pre-IPO equity
- Further potential benefits include possible work visa, healthcare plans