Pepper Media Holding GmbH
IT Management Development
Beginn: September 2015
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
We are currently looking for a CTO (m/f) to join our team to help us improve our existing products and make them even better!
Pepper.com is attentively different to other deal platforms - you won’t find lax offers, only the hottest deals by and for price-conscious users. Around the clock the community seeks and finds the best offers in fashion, electronics, traveling and much more. With 400 million page views, over 20 mln users and over 50,000 user submitted deals per month across communities in America, Europe and Asia, Pepper has quickly risen to be the largest community deal platform worldwide!
We operate as an international partner network:
YOU as the CTO will be based in Berlin and you will take an active part in this success.
We don’t rely on external investment.
Being independent instead, we enjoy the freedom of driving our growth and development in our direction of choice: with the focus of our users and our product.
We are proud to have a 2-digit rate growth in traffic and revenue.
PEPPER is on a mission to migrate its local platforms (hotukdeals.com, mydealz.de and others) to a new product in order to have a single platform, single UX and one brand worldwide.
Your responsibilities would include
- You will be the strategic global tech leader of PEPPER to drive the IT architecture and migrate the platforms.
- To achieve that, you will manage, drive and grow the globally distributed teams of engineers and mobile developers.
- You will liaise with the Founders, other decision makers, the Sales and Marketing, Product and Tech Teams.
- You’ll be setting the strategic vision of technical advancement of PEPPER.
- You'll design, manage and implement the processes to create the common backlog of a common global platform.
- You'll increase speed and optimize performance.
- You'll manage development of new backend features/support new business models.
- You'll support frontend optimization (with A/B, User testing, conversion optimization etc.)
- You'll optimize international development efficiency.
The qualities we are looking for
- You are entrepreneurial, growth-focused, UX and product-centric CTO – a strategic leader and a builder.
- You’ve worked with distributed teams in an international environment.
- You’ve built and grown engineering teams, ideally from a nucleus to 100+ members.
- You’re a leader with a startupish, open communication and get-things-done style.
- You understand online and commerce businesses and know what ticks.
- You’re a strategic visionary, a natural leader of people.
- You have a very good programming and chief architect background. You work the agile way.
- You’re familiar with our frameworks, which are: Laravel – PHP, mySQL, Github, Jenkins.
- You’re welcome to bring other tools and languages to the table, but we’re PHP at heart.
- We believe that to achieve great things you sometimes need to get your hands dirty – we believe you have same philosophy.
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are
- A great office on Torstraße (close to U-Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the Berlin startup scene.
- Be a part of an awesome team of passionate and skilled people.
- Any technology, gadgets, Operating System you want.
- Flexible working hours.
- Check out our Office Video and learn more about our Culture & Company Values!