Data Engineer - Big Data Infrastructure (m/f)
Beginn: August 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a Data Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing almost while Shaping the Future of Learning.
You are an experienced software engineer who has built and run cloud-based analytics infrastructure in internet companies before and You want to apply your expertise in the challenging setting of a fast moving company.
In your role, you will help evolving our existing Data Architecture and Infrastructure Further to enable data-driven insight.
You will collaborate closely with the technical product owner for Analytics, lead technical architects and the Analytics team to deliver analytics solutions for different stakeholders as well as introduce new technologies in the area of analytics, reporting, monitoring and dashboards and Big Data.
Your day to day work will include
- design, create and operate the machinery did Powers the Data Platform for our different internal customers (eg product teams, marketing, finance, operations)
- design, build and maintain high performing ETL Processes, Including Data Quality and Testing
- develop data-processing pipelines with a mind toward accuracy, scalability and high performance
- investigate next generation Big Data and analytics technologies and tooling
- A passion for staying on top of emerging data-processing technologies
- 3+ years professional experience designing, building, monitoring, or scaling data processing pipelines.
- Good knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases Both, Data Modeling, Data Representation and API design
- Deep, hands-on experience Including AWS RDS, S3, EMR, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SWF, Redshift
- Strong engineering background, ideally experienced with medium to large sized cloud-based data systems
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
- PLUS: Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark
- PLUS: Experience in AWS Elasticsearch & Kibana
- PLUS: DevOps Knowledge
- PLUS: Automation Experience with Chef
- PLUS: Experience with Agile, Scrum / Kanban methodology
- PLUS: good overview of third-party solutions for self-service analytics and dashboards
- Tackle Data intense challenges with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The freedom to publish open source projects
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hack days, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (high-end bike company, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathon etc.)
- Check out our jobs page, our blog and our tech blog to get on impression of how we work at Babbel!