Data Engineer (m/f) - Python
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who we are
FlixBus is a European long distance mobility provider and a brand of the FlixMobility group. Since 2013, FlixBuses have offered a new, convenient and green way to travel which suits every budget. Thanks to a smart business model and an innovative technology, the former startup has established Europe's largest intercity bus network in less than four years.
We want to grow our successful German business and therefore we are looking for a Python Data Engineer (m/f) to join our Data Science team based in Berlin.
As part of a small cross-functional innovative team, you will work pairing with Data Scientists and AI/ML Engineers on:
- Rolling out Machine Learning models into production environment
- Providing REST or Event-Streaming API on top of ML and AI models
- Building data-sourcing and data-processing pipelines for research and development needs.
- Batch and near-real-time.
- Managing and monitoring team's cloud infrastructure
- Applying best engineering practices in development process (eg. CI/CD, containers, unit-, international-, and load-testing, etc)
- Several years of experience as Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- Fluent in Python stack
- Familiarity with machine learning, real-time data processing
- Working experience with structured engineering methods and approaches (TDD, DevOps, CI, VCS, Agile)
- Experience with big data technologies (Flume, Kafka, Spark, Presto, Redshift and NoSQL Databases)
- Practical experience with Amazon Web Services and other cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience in the design and implementation of data pipelines (Luigi, Airflow)
Fluent in English; every other European language is a plus
- Be part of an incredibly fast growing company with a strong brand and highly motivated and international team
- Work on your self-defined challenges during our HackRday once a month!
- Cutting edge technologies, Agile development practices, and product focused environment dealing with demanding engineering and scaling challenges
- Training and Conference opportunities
- Office location in the heart of Berlin or Munich
- Flexible working hours
- 12 100% free bus rides per year, 5 50% vouchers for family/friends per year
- Language course support
- Relocation support
- Competitive salary