Data Scientist (m/f)
Westwing Home & Living
IT Business Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Februar 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Westwing is a high-growth e-commerce business: Backed by well-known investors with over USD 150 mn. in funding and growing rapidly, we are the leading Home & Living eCommerce company in Europe on a mission to provide our more than 10 million members with stylish furniture and homewares from well-known brands they love. Just 2 years after launch, Westwing has already taken clear no. 1 position in all of the 10 countries it serves right now, including Brazil and Russia, surpassing USD 150mn. in sales in our second full year of business 2013.
To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Data Scientist (m/f) based in our Munich headquarters. Westwing is a highly data-driven company with true ‘Big Data’ opportunities. You will support our Business Intelligence Team in designing and developing innovative approaches to utilize big data within our business model.
- Develop strategies to upgrade the existing data warehouse together with the team for utilization of big data
- Employ the use of data mining techniques and examine data from different sources to discover hidden insights
- Execute projects in cooperation with other business units
- You successfully finished your academic studies in the field of computer sciences or similar
- You have several years of experience in data warehousing (relational and/or analytical databases) and handling big amounts of data
- Experience with PHP/ Java/ Python, MySQL and ETL tools (e.g. Pentaho)
- Experience in PostgreSQL, column-based databases or Hadoop are a plus
- You have a proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working and a general understanding of business processes
- You are a strong analytical, data hungry person with hands-on mentality, a strong communicator and a pro-active team player
- You are fluent in English
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth with room for your own ideas
- High degree of responsibility and autonomy
- Attractive working environment involving steep training curves
- Dynamic and international team with flat hierachies
- An attractive compensation package
Location: Munich, Germany.
Please forward in absolute confidence, a full curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com.