Vice President Finance (m/f)
Deposit Solutions GmbH
Beginn: September 2017
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Deposit Solutions, recently coined the fastest growing fintech globally, provides the Open Banking platform for the new financial industry. Through our Open-Banking platform, banks can present their end-customers with a broad product offering from other banks, thereby increasing their clients’ choice and transparency. With our first application, savings deposits, banks looking for funding can gather deposits from new markets and client groups without having to set up and operate their own retail infrastructure, and depositors can access best-in-class deposit offers through their home bank account. Currently connecting banks from 15 countries, we managed to raise EUR 3 billion in less than 2 years.
If you are an outstanding professional and are keen to help us transform the deposit market to the benefit of people, banks and society at large – by giving savers higher returns on their savings, by giving banks access to better funding and by in turn enabling them to provide more money for job-creation – then join us.
Amongst others, we are currently looking for a
As the VP Finance, you will be responsible for the commercial control of the company. You will report directly to the CFO and will oversee the Accounting and Controlling departments. You will provide transparency on the commercial performance of the company and will identify measures to optimize the company’s performance. In this role, you will lead the development of appropriate controls, policies, procedures, and governance principles and practices for the financial management and administration functions of the company. You will be expected to maintain compliance with these standards as the company continues to grow.
- Develop management and cost accounting
- Define key commercial performance indicators and implement them
- Account for consolidated financial statements, liquidity plans and monthly reports:
- Ensure annual financial statements and a liquidity plan is ready within 30 days after the end of the respective financial year
- Ensure monthly financial statements are ready within 15 days after the end of the respective quarter (including a profit and loss account, management report including liquidity and staff planning and a forecast for the following 12 months respectively)
- Annual budgets at the latest 3 months before the end of the current financial year
- Build-up procurement processes and procedures
- Establish necessary structures and processes in anticipation of continued growth of the company like e.g. implementing a new ERP system
- Continuously conduct weak-point analyses and derive necessary measures to be implemented
- Spotting synergies and cost-saving opportunities
- Cash flow management
- Supervise, train and motivate department staff
- Master’s Degree with outstanding grades in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong emphasis on Accounting, CPA preferred
- MBA from top tier Business School is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English, some German is a plus
- Several years of experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position at one of the Big 4
- Experience in entrepreneurial ventures or small to medium size rapidly growing company particularly relevant
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including IFRS and preferably German GAAP
- Proficient IT-knowledge is a plus
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
We offer you
The chance to help shape the future of finance. Working at Deposit Solutions means taking ownership from day one and giving everything to ensure your contribution has a meaningful and sustainable impact. Become part of our close-knit network of colleagues from more than 40 different nationalities and celebrate our mutual successes with everybody. Enjoy an exciting industry, while relying on the backing of top international investors like Peter Thiel, Greycroft and e.Ventures.