DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer (f/m, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
Our flexible cloud-based infrastructure is serving more than 20.000 requests per minute to users worldwide via different clients (Android, iOS, Web) while expanding on a global scale.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be a part of our engineering team responsible for continuous integration, continuous deployment and management of our virtualized infrastructure based upon Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Design, deployment and maintenance of our AWS infrastructure using Chef/OpsWorks
- Support and implementation of our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure
- Direct involvement in the development process of all our backend and frontend applications
- Supporting developers and management during project and business decisions regarding new and ongoing projects
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Linux: Virtually any and all of our web applications are running on Ubuntu Linux. It’s a vast and complicated architecture and you should be familiar with setups at the magnitude of 150+ instances.
- You’re a zealot when it comes to Amazon’s Web Services: Amazon is our exclusive provider of computing resources. You must be intrinsically familiar with their services, especially OpsWorks, EC2/EBS, RDS, S3, VPC and CloudWatch (Redshift/MapReduce/Route53/SQS are a plus)
- You eat Chef and Ruby for breakfast: We are a Ruby/Rails driven company and we also use Chef exclusively for instance management. We love them, and so should you!
- Attention to detail and an analytical working style: You’re not satisfied when something just doesn’t work. You want to get to the bottom of it. Period.
- English is a must: You’ll be working with people from all around the world. Interacting with and understanding each other is paramount.
- Open-minded, easy-going and respectful attitude towards all kinds of (unusual) requests: You are part of a broader team, with people coming from different countries, backgrounds, experience levels and preferences. We demand a high level of professionalism and focus while not neglecting and appreciating a culture of tolerance and understanding.
- You love open source as much as we do: Our company is built on it, we really enjoy working with it and so should you!
- Tackle high volume, scaleable problems with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
Please apply via: https://babbel.workable.com/j/5EFEF80156