Senior Frontend Developer (m/f)
Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
This is a homeoffice / remote position.
At Digistore24 we develop software that has an impact on thousands of small and medium sized businesses every day. If you are man of action who loves to work in a small, family-like team and who has the passion and work ethic to develop great software products, we are the right fit for you.
Software Development at Digistore24
Digistore24 is one of the fastest growing software companies in Europe. Our core platform is an automation solution developed by a small and extremely competent team. It provides a complete infrastructure to over 100.000 entrepreneurs to build a scalable online business with millions of customers.
We have achieved this, because of clear, indisputable software development principles:
- High-quality German Software - All our software projects have substantial influence on critical business processes and must therefore be extremely reliable and well-programmed.
- Agile Software Development - We are dedicated to agile software development methods in contrast to waterfall because we see value in testable sprint results instead of waiting forever on the "perfect" software. Hence we create testable versions within a few weeks and evolve them through constant reality checks.
- Freedom, Responsibility and Trust - We consider software development as highly creative work. As a software developer at Digistore24 we provide you with freedom, trust and all necessary resources to do what you can do best. Develop great software.
- Understanding the Business perspective - In order to develop the best software, we expect you to have a keen and active interest in the user perspective. Therefore it is mandatory to understand our business.
Our team consists of experienced developers, each of whom takes full responsibility for his or her own project, that is:
- to write high-quality code and set up clean architectures,
- to understand their own application technically and business-wise,
- to think and develop quickly and in agile steps,
- and thereby develop world-class software that makes a difference.
We believe that beyond the decent prioritization by the product owner, a developer shall have the freedom to develop software the best way possible. We do not believe in excessive specifications and strict regulations. What matters to us is a project in budget and ahead of schedule.
The main project is Digistore24 - an automation platform that helps small and medium enterprises to have success online. By taking care of their business processes, like accounting, invoicing, product delivery or sales partner management, we support them to hold their ground against the big companies in their field. We build everything to match this mission: from small features to standalone software products.
Most of our projects are based on AngularJS along with PHP or Java in the back-end. You should be familiar with one or both languages in order to properly connect the front-end, too.
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer with high motivation, a keen interest in our business use case and a sense for good user experience and beautiful design. You should be very familiar with AngularJS and have an uncompromising drive to design beautiful interfaces.
It is also important to us that you have already created a complex web application, that you have experience in agile development processes, and that you consider first-class, clean, and easily testable code as the basis of your work. You should also bring with you:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Min. 5 years of professional experience along with a proven track record of delivering complex web projects in a leading role
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Ability to improve architecture and code quality by refactoring
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. (Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience with agile development methods
- Very good German and English language skills
If you bring that to the table and identify with our culture, you are welcome as a valuable member of our team. We are looking for long-term relationships and we try to get you into the project that suits you the most.
We give so that you can contribute. If that scares you off, very well - then you do not make a bad investment and either do we. If you like our approach, then we would be really happy to hear from you.
We do not want to assess your skills and motivation solely based on diplomas and certificates. Show us what you did. We are interested in all projects of your previous occupations, own projects, your code on Github, etc.
Please send your application via the link below in the contact section and upload your resume (PDF) as well as all the work samples you think are necessary.
When everything goes well, we will get back to you and have a short phone call. The next steps will be:
- a code test
- an interview with our CEO and the tech team
- a final feedback and a job offer within 2 weeks time