Editorial Copywriter (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Februar 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States and we’ve made Berlin our new European Headquarters! The Wayfair Group was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are ‘go to’ people. Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s fastest growing international companies? If so, then keep on reading!
Joss & Main, one of Wayfairs brands, is a leading online member’s only & flash sale boutique for home interiors and is expanding across Europe. Joss & Main is seeking a passionate Junior Content Editor to produce and localize content for the French version of its home-focused e-commerce site.
As Junior Editor/Copywriter you…
- Translate and where necessary adapt content from Joss & Main as well as from Plume magazine, ensuring consistent brand tone of voice and content proposition in local market (France).
- Roll out global initiatives (such as strategic developments in tone of voice or site design changes) ensuring that they are effectively localized and consistent in tone for market.
- Provide insight on the local market in regards to trends, tone of voice, social trends and apply across relevant channels, translating and where necessary adapting and developing fresh content.
- Define editing process to ensure that local copywriting production team understands and embodies the voice.
- Extensively edit detailed product copy produced by production copy team; spot edit product copy.
- Drive the development of Social Media across relevant channels, using Joss & Main’s content strategy as a steer whilst fully adapting to local market.
- Spearhead PR strategy in local market, liaising with press and with Joss & Main on strategic direction.
Who Wayfair is looking for
- You have superior language skills; bi-lingual English / French speakers with professional experience in copywriting in both languages are preferred.
- An understanding of copy’s powerful role in direct marketing, and a passion for crafting sharp, effective localized language that drives and develops our business, with measurable results.
- 2-4+ years of experience in an ad agency, in-house agency or editorial experience preferred
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to write engaging, accurate copy.
- Experience in a highly deadline-driven, multiple campaigns in the air, collaborative environment.
- Keen insights into human behavior: knowing what consumers find believable, interesting, attractive, provocative, compelling
- A demonstrated interest in the home space
- Preferred education: advertising copywriting training and/or a BA in Liberal Arts / Humanities / French / Journalism
- People skills that show good judgment and diplomacy working with others
- Grammar knowledge, spelling, punctuation and proofreading as well as excellent communication skills
- Perform well under pressure and tight deadlines without compromising attention to detail
- A sense of humour
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in ecommerce
***Please include three relevant writing samples as your 'cover letter' in this application process. Only candidates who provide samples will be considered for this position. Samples can be in several formats: A link to an online portfolio is ideal (please include URL on resume), but we will also accept blog entries, clips, or other concise written samples cut and pasted into the 'cover letter' box. Work related to advertising or e-commerce is preferred.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.