Einkäufer / Buyer – Native Level German (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2014
Wayfair is currently seeking a talented and motivated Buyer to join our dynamic team in Berlin!
So who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States and we’re ready to make Berlin our new European Headquarters! Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest new international companies?
Join us at Wayfair where we are a zillions things home, together with our other brands AllModern and Joss&Main. Wayfair was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies!!!
Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are the ‘go to’ people. If that sounds interesting to you then keep on reading!!
Fluency in English and native level German is essential as the main purpose of this role is to help expand our vendor portfolio across Europe and build out product selection across categories including furniture, décor, housewares, luggage, and fitness equipment. This role would suit a Graduate with 2 to 5 years experience, with an outgoing personality and a genuine interest in the world of interiors, fashion and design or trends.
Our buyers increase our product selection by identifying new products to sell on Wayfair, establishing relationships with external vendors and partnering with our Category Management team to prioritize product addition efforts. So strong negotiation along with client relationship building skills are essential.
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends, then identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across all product categories
- Pitch and sell a partnership with Wayfair effectively to prospective accounts
- Establish relationships with leading brands and negotiate partnership agreements
- Manage new vendor setup process, collaborating with internal supplier and marketing operations teams
Other Special Skills/Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a sales role focused on target quotas is a plus
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Accurate and thorough in your work; you don’t miss the details
- An interest in, and/or ability to learn, retail math concepts
- Familiarity with MS Excel and Outlook
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team and individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
Why Work for Wayfair?
Wayfair is a fast-growing company in an open office environment where financial and marketing information is readily shared and everyone's opinion counts. We offer challenging work in a fun atmosphere. We value a healthy work/life balance, and believe strongly that great people are the key to a company’s success.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Pls apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WayfairInsider
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.