Program Manager (m/f) - Business Creation
Business Development Produktmanagement Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
The Programme Manager Business Creation will be responsible to facilitate and drive EIT Food’s Business Creation activities, which are executed by the EIT Food partners, on regional level (CLC) with a geographic focus and on pan-European level for an assigned Business Creation Segment. The complete job description is visible on https://www.eitfood.eu/about-us/our-job-openings/programme-manager-business-creation-central
Job and contract type
Full-time and unlimited duration. Employment contract under the German labor law.
(S)he will be based at the Co-Location Centre Central in Munich (Freising), Germany.
Occasional travel (up to 4-6 per month) within Europe can be expected.
- You will execute tasks related the regional CLC level and pan-European tasks related to EIT Food.
On pan-European level, you will contribute to the development of the Business Creation strategy to deliver on EIT Food’s Strategic Objectives and Drive the execution of the activities within the assigned segment “Acceleration / Scaling up”, such as the EIT Food Accelerator Network
On regional level, you will act as primary regional contact for advice and support on Business Creation opportunities and priorities for EIT Food, be the single point of contact for those interested in engaging with or exploring business creation opportunities through EIT Food and create, expand and maintain a strong regional network to share good practices and to ensure maximum engagement
- Support EIT Food’s Operations with:
- Timely reporting on progress and on financial and performance matters of activities under responsibility
- Contribute to the annual Business Plan and information and reporting and evaluation requests from EIT Food
- Support putting together the Annual Report of EIT Food
Key skills and experiences
- Master degree related to entrepreneurship, commerce, business management, OR other Master degree (preferably related to agri-food space) associated with a high-level professional training in entrepreneurship / business / commerce
- University or professional education related to agri-food sector is a clear plus
- Knowledge of start-up business modelling methodologies, tools for new ventures creation, acceleration and scaling up methodologies and seed / early stage investment evaluation methodologies, confirmed by relevant experiences in technology or financial sector
- Strong communication and representation skills
- Fluency in English. German is a clear plus. Other European languages will be considered
- Very good command of Microsoft Office
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in start-ups or technology markets
- Relevant experiences in working with start-up ecosystems
- Personal experience in the creation/development of a start-up is a clear plus
- Expertise and experience in the food sector is a clear plus
- Established network of contacts with representatives of start-up community, seed and VC funds, financial institutions and entrepreneurship support organizations within the German / the Netherlands / Austria region is highly desirable
- International exposure and experiences
- Experience in preparing business plans is an asset
- Experience in EU-funded project management (H2020 or similar) is an asset
EIT Food offer
EIT Food offers a competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary and benefits. Flexibility and the balance between work and private life are equally important.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Description of EIT Food
Please visit the website of EIT Food (https://www.eitfood.eu) for a complete description.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and motivation letter in English in electronic format to our e-mail adress before April 30th 2018 at 6:00 PM (CET). Please state in the description line of the email your name and “application to the position of project manager for business creation – CLC Central”.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.