EU Transportation Network Manager (m/f)
Berlin oder London
Beginn: Januar 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’ve made Berlin our new European Headquarters! Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest new international companies?
Join us at Wayfair where we are a zillions things home, together with our other brands AllModern and Joss&Main. Wayfair was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Wayfair has ambitious plans to triple our global business over the next 3-5 years and investments in our International markets are a big part of the global strategy. We are currently targeting over 100% growth rates in Europe!
In this context, Wayfair is embarking on a strategic initiative to optimize and reinvent its supply chain through more intelligent network routing and consolidation. We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep background in transportation to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company in which you will have the opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions. This role is based in our Berlin or London office.
As an EU Transportation Network Manager you…
- Help architect optimal transportation hub design and management tools including shipment consolidation, route optimization, and connection to final mile delivery carriers
- Drive improvements in current operations
- Recruit, train and manage partnerships with new transportation network partners
- Negotiate contracts
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process.
- Build out overall performance reporting for the transportation network – cost, transit times, and incidence rates.
- Over time, build and develop team to manage, monitor and expand network footprint and operations
Who Wayfair is looking for
- University-level degree in Business, Logistics or equivalent
- several years of logistics and transportation experience, specifically in the movement of hard goods
- Fluency in English and ideally at least one other major European language (German, French, Spanish)
- Experience in negotiating transportation contracts with freight carriers and 3PL providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast paced, data driven company
- Willingness to travel to visit carriers in our European sourcing and delivery markets
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in ecommerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.